Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 06:38 PM

Default Lost again ... BvB, top two with a scary turn...

Villain seems reasonable, 22/10 or somesuch, not remarkable in aggressiveness thus far.

Villain has about $9, I have him covered -

Folds to me in the SB, I raise QT[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] to $0.35, he calls.

Flop: ($0.70) - Heads up [8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
Nice flop, I bet pot, he calls.

Turn: ($2.10) - [8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
I bet $1.60, he raises to $5.10...

-d
Old 10-18-2007, 04:54 AM

Default Re: Lost again ... BvB, top two with a scary turn...

Going with your "not remarkable in aggressiveness" read and folding could well be the best play. I mean, in addition to the obvious 8x, there is also J9 to worry about. And since Villain doesn't sound like the turn semibluff-raise type, I don't know that we should really expect to see, say, even QJ, and a hand like T9 seems unlikely. And if he's not semibluff-raising, that leaves us hoping he was trapping with a hand like KQ or AQ on the flop.

It's not easy to fold a hand this strong in a blind battle at the table, though, so I would probably get stacked [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. Some players do love to represent turned trips, even if this Villain doesn't seem to fit that description.