Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2007, 12:35 AM

Default Re: Bellagio 10/20 Hand Against TV Dude (No, not wrong forum)

As much as anything, this thread illustrates the need for a SSNL forum devoted to live play. As one who only plays live, I have a hard time getting much from the hand posts from the online games. The shock and horror over the PF LRR in Sunny's hand indicates a clear disconnect in online v. live strategy.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As much as anything, this thread illustrates the need for a SSNL forum devoted to live play. As one who only plays live, I have a hard time getting much from the hand posts from the online games. The shock and horror over the PF LRR in Sunny's hand indicates a clear disconnect in online v. live strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

all the horror basically demonstrates how much easier and worse the players are online compared to live. nothing more than that imo. I see ppl still limp raising online, i just put a note on them that say lrr/awful. and get on my way.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
all the horror basically demonstrates how much easier and worse the players are online compared to live. nothing more than that imo.

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you ever played live? Generally, it is the complete opposite of this for equivilent stakes.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:52 AM

I don't know if I just can't read but I can't work out his position relative to you because this would define my preflop play
Old 06-26-2007, 01:26 AM

1) Will you consider folding your aces at any point in this hand?
<font color="blue"> That depends of what your opponent knows about you. If you will LRR with more than just AA/KK here, then i wont be folding here. If this is the extent of your range, then yes im willing to fold here because hes not giong to try to move you off AA/KK on this flop. Im not saying im bet/folding the flop, but i will definitly slow down if im played back at.</font>

2) If you answered "yes" to the first question, explain why, or explain what events would have to happen in order for you to fold (either give a specific line you would take, or a tell you would look for, etc).

<font color="blue"> Im just sticking to what i said in the first answer, if he knows your range here is only AA and exactly AA then yes im willing to give it up if hes giving me alot of resistance. Since he thinks your a solid tag, i could see him putting you on exactly AA and plying his hand accordingly.</font>
Old 06-26-2007, 01:32 AM

also, you say lrring is a good move here becuase hes raising so much.. well if he raising so much wyh not make a standard preflop raise, let him 3bet you then you can play accordingly while getting even more money in the pot.

you make it 80, he makes it 240. theres already 320 in the pot and you still get to make a move.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
all the horror basically demonstrates how much easier and worse the players are online compared to live. nothing more than that imo.

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you ever played live? Generally, it is the complete opposite of this for equivilent stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure he meant live is much easier than online play.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:59 AM

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but after our limp and his reraise and the blinds the pot is already $90, so if we could just make this something like 300-350 then getting it all in postflop probably goes from a 95% sure thing to 100%. Its pretty much impossible for us to play the hand wrong postflop (ofcourse thats probably the case with 240 also.)

As for his hand, i got this odd feeling that his minraise is a premium hand also, he might have been trying to get raised by somebody that had posistion on him and he could shove or reraise with his kings or whatever and because that much money was already invested and his image he would get called by alot of worse hands. Then you came along with your LRR and got him worried.

So if that makes any sense thats the logic i would use to try to get all the money in postflop, but dont know what the best way to doit would be.

edit: if he turns out having AA, KK, QQ, or AK, i rule.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
all the horror basically demonstrates how much easier and worse the players are live compared to online. nothing more than that imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure he meant live is much easier than online play.

[/ QUOTE ]

eh yeah sorry i meant live players suck compared to online.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

all the horror basically demonstrates how much easier and worse the players are live compared to online. nothing more than that imo. I see ppl still limp raising online, i just put a note on them that say lrr/awful. and get on my way.

[/ QUOTE ]