Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 11-29-2007, 04:16 PM

Default Call or 3-bet river?

Villains are donks. As far as timing tells are concerned, Seat 3's raises were instantaneous.

7 Card Stud High ($3/$6), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.42 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ___raises___raises
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ___brings-in___calls___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ___raises___raises___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ___folds

4th Street - (12.42 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ___raises___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ___calls___folds
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ___bets___raises

5th Street - (10.21 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ___bets

6th Street - (12.21 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ___bets

River - (14.21 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx ___raises
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ___bets___?
Old 11-29-2007, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Call or 3-bet river?

Call. You're probably beat tho.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:28 PM

I don't think you can raise unfortunately. he probably isn't raising with 2 pr.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:17 PM

Your hand looks about as strong as it actually is, which is an important criterion in deciding whether to call, re-raise or fold. You mention that villain is a donk, but even donks can see your cards.

From villain's perspective, you could have made a straight, but you are likely to have a big two pair at a minimum, so it's a rare villain would raise that range for value less than big trips (and early action suggests villain may have started with AA). A bad value raise is the only action you want to re-raise because a bluff raise won't call and a bigger pat hand is going to cost you money.

Because of the apparent strength of your hand (from the table's perspective) and how closely that corresponds to the actual strength of your hand, you can only call.

Now, if you're convinced villain is crazy or doesn't know what beats what, then do as you please. You don't need anybody's advice on how to play in that situation.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:18 PM

I did indeed just call and villain flipped over aces up. I thought afterwards that if villain is always raising with aces up or better (he's probably only giving me credit for kings and tens here), this might be a 3-bet, since he's a big favorite to have only two pair in that case, and probably won't lay it down for another bet. If I get capped then I have either an incredibly thin call or a fold.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:49 PM

I figured him for Aces up or possibly a flush since most donks will not fold a 3 flush on 3rd for any number of bets.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:59 AM

The other guy was doing the raising on third street, so no, he's not folding there.

I think electrical nailed this one.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:57 AM

If you reraise him, it opens yourself up to be reraised...effectively costing you 2 bets. I don't see how that could be a good play.