Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit

Old 09-05-2007, 09:05 AM

Default Sexy, Yes?

i raise 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in MP2, a 19/11/2.6 3bets next in, folds to me and i call.

Flop(7.5sb): 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

i bet, he raises, i 3bet, he calls.

Turn(6.75bb): 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

i bet, he calls.

River(8.75bb): K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

i check...

edited because i screwed up the river. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2007, 09:07 AM

Default Re: Sexy, Yes?

Might miss value from AK.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:10 AM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

Wow, I actually hate it. You pacified him so quickly on the flop he can't have too great a hand here. Sure every once in a while you'll find some slowplayed AA or something but I think most of the times he bets here he has 55 or you beat.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:22 AM

AK is not likely betting (neither is AQ)...but will likely call if you bet(AQ maybe not so much). I do think that TT-JJ are a little less likely, but still in his range, and he will bet those and likely pay off a raise. If he holds something like 66-77, he will call all the time, but will probably bet some of the time too, but not necessarily pay off a raise.

It looks to me like you are probably better off just betting.

--Rico
Old 09-05-2007, 09:27 AM

This flop bet-reraise is a bit sexy too, right? I sometimes bet-3bet, but my usual play would be to check-raise. Should I be doing this the other way around?

As for this river check-raise I personally wouldn't consider this but I never get sexy. You obv. might miss value from certain middle pairs or a good ace that will call your bet especially after the FD misses on the river. I don't think these or less will bet to your check at the river and won't always call a raise if they do.

If I was villain I think I'd have to value bet a good 9 (not that I would have that given PF action) or better on the river if checked to, and given the way the hand has been played, I think most villains will pay you off. But wouldn't most villains with those stats have put in more action on flop or turn with their overpairs (especially given the drawy board - getting you to pay for your draw you are semi-bluffing some portion of the time)? Or perhaps they were waiting for the river to raise you?

I reckon the river should be bet-reraised.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:03 AM

i dont think a 19/11/2.6 isnt putting more money in this hand before the river w/o an overpair. i'd bet the river and expect to get called by AK or a small pair.

james, just curious, when you're OOP, what are some of the lines you use when you flop a monster vs. a player who 3 bet you preflop?

I just witnessed this one and I like it:

Player A raises 88, Player B 3 bets AA.

Flop 8xx. Player A checks, Player B bets, Player A CR's, player B 3 bets, Player A calls.

Turn blank rag. Player A donks , player B raises, Player A now springs the trap and 3 bets...
Old 09-05-2007, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

james, just curious, when you're OOP, what are some of the lines you use when you flop a monster vs. a player who 3 bet you preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

my generic line is bet/call the flop and bet/3bet the turn.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:36 AM

I think this is a very thin spot for sexytime.

Chances are too good that villain has you on a missed flush draw, and may not see any point in betting the river.

Or, he whiffed AK and isn't going to make a value bet. It's not like that 5 is a good card to bluff at.

Granted, 2.6 is pretty aggro. But since he didn't put in more action on the turn, then he probably doesn't have an overpair and won't bet the river.

As a default play here, I'd bet the river. You can't three-bet if you don't bet.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Or perhaps they were waiting for the river to raise you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point and I'd hope this is the case here. As stated above, he'd be an idiot not to put in more turn action with an overpair given that board. But, people do get greedy.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:17 PM

Kit, I love this and do it whenever I get a chance... it drives people crazy and always works, because they just can't believe you waited so long to pull the trigger. It's especially sexy where, as here, you've got others doing your betting for you.. I also like c/r'ing the turn in your example, but donking is fine by me.