Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 06:43 AM

Default Another RW3 incident

So i'm playing the $2000 omaha 8 tourney and Williamson is at my table. Here is what happens:

At the end of the hand, the board is AK6Q9 no flush. There was four players in on the flop and three left on the river. Action is on older man in the 4 seat on the river and he checks. RW3 checks and so does seat 2. Seat 4 turns his hand over and spreads it out right next to the flop and has 6678 for bottom set. RW3 doesn't see the man's set and shows AQ. Seat 2 mucks. The dealer MUCKS THE SET and pushes the rather large pot to RW3. Set guy who doesn't see well wants to know what RW3 had as the chips are stacked in Roberts pile. Several of us point out to the dealer that he f'd up.

Now all of the other players (3) that were in the pot all say they saw the set. I also saw it from the 7 seat. RW3 then says that some saw it and some didn't. The dealer certainly didn't see it as he mucked the hand. Of course, saying that players that weren't in the hand didn't see it is sort of stupid as they aren't generally paying close attention to a pot they aren't in. The fact that all three other players in the pot isn't enough to convince RW3.

Now the floor is called. Head floor lady inexplicably decides that all the players testamonial isn't enough for her and she wants to go upstairs. Ok, no problem. That will solve it. At this point I ask to continue playing as we are now being penalized for the fact that we have to wait for 15 minutes for the camera check. When I ask the floor person standing behind us if we can continue playing he says "it's not my problem". I tell him "of course it's not your problem you only work here. If you don't care about the tournament get lost and go read a book in a corner" He looks at me for about 10 seconds and decides that i'm pissed and if he gives me a penalty he;s going to get in a big battle. He leaves.

The lady comes back and says the video is "inconclusive". WTF? I point out that this means the [censored] cameras aren't even on then, because it's right above the table. Why not just say "ya, I know you pay a fortune in juice each tourney but we don't bother to turn on the cameras to protect you cause your all sheep who will pay to play tommorow anyway"

She AWARDS THE POT TO RW3! The older guy goes nuts obv. Wants his entry fee back. Other big name pro at the table tells me later "I can't believe Robert had the balls to do that".

Gets better. Almost two hours later Jack Effel decides that they are going to award the old guy half the pot. But, they aren't going to take the chips from RW3, they are GOING TO ADD MORE CHIPS INTO THE TOURNAMENT. So, instead of Harrahs playing the guy for their f up, everyone in the tournament is going to pay for it through EV. Unreal.

I then talked to two other people who were at a table when RW3 later recounted the incident and his version of course bears no semblance of what actually happened. Somewhat disappointing considering what happened in the Horse event and that RW3 is on the player's committee.

Tuco.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:20 AM

Default Re: Another RW3 incident

I Imagine jack Effel to look like this fellow

Old 06-29-2007, 07:23 AM

honestly i have no clue why people are still playing these things after 3 years of Harrahs... anyone see Jesse May's article?

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news/blogs/article/1278
Old 06-29-2007, 07:55 AM

Harrah's can continue to pull this crap and take in huge amounts of juice because poker players will gladly give Harrah's money to play under these conditions just to win a WSOP bracelet.

It was way worse last year and the reward Harrah's gets for having a bad 2006 was to be rewarded with an slightly worse but way better than expected (because of the UIGEA) 2007. Why does Harrah's need to change when the same players that complain just gives them money? I've read countless stories on here about how a player gets screwed yet the player will continue to play these events because its the WSOP ((c)(tm)(r) Harrah's).
Old 06-29-2007, 09:26 AM

I never really cared for RWIII from what I've seen on tv, but now I really think he's a douchebag. What a classless move.
Closed Thread