Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Re: My fat ass gets on a scale (Live TR + bonus NSFW)

Good job, march. Keep it up - not for women, not for what other people think, but for you.

I need to get my fat behind going as well (6'0", 258). The good news is that my son just entered junior high and we encouraged him to join the cross-country team so he could get some exercise, learn something about motivation and discipline and pushing himself, and to hang and have fun with his best bud. That in turn means I need to start doing some running with the boy.

I know I'll never hit my lowest college weight of 178 again but it sure seems like something in the 200-220 range would be good to shoot for. I know I'd look and feel better in that weight range.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:29 PM

Great job.

When you go shopping for a new wardrobe... that tie should be the first to go.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:30 PM

"Nice job, but I hope you realize how atkins works and that if you don't get your ass into gym right about now AND start a balanced carb diet, you will regain everything at much higher rate than you were loosing it?"

Both of the above are part of the actual atkins diet, or atkin's 'lifestyle.' Many people have the misconception that no carbs ever = atkin's, which really isn't the case.

OP,

Grats on the success and progress, and keep up the good work. Truer words couldn't be said about the realities of being fat. A comedian I can't think of the name of once said something along the lines of "Yeah, all the fat people I know say they would do anything not to be fat... Except eat less, get some excercise once in awhile, stop gorging on sweets, etc." As a fatass realist, I agree with him, but there is definitely another variable that is hard to describe, outside of pure weakness really. It's especially bad when you do realize that you don't want to be weighed, have a picture taken of you, be seen in a gym or swimming pool, etc.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you exercise as well at all, or is it just atkins?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not much exercise. I do some physical activity for my job, and I work long and sometimes odd hours. I also don't live in the nicest neighborhood and don't feel like packing heat in order to go out jogging in the morning.

These are dumb excuses, and I do need to get up off my lazy ass and do it, but that's not factored into the results thus far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great job, man.

But listen--you HAVE to do some sort of physical activity. Now, all of these people telling you to go to the gym mean well, but there are some folks (and you might be one) who simply are NOT going to do that.

So just do 15 minutes every morning at home. Just any damn thing--running in place while you watch the news...hell, even just STRETCHING will help at first.

The reason to do this is not just weight maintenance. It's endorphins, and their release. You will feel better all day long. PLUS you will get your metabolism started, which is also important.

Just a little movement, a little aerobic exercise at first. You can think about the gym later.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:33 AM

Jesus man you disgust me. What kind of a slob wears an American flag tie to a wedding? Sickening.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:28 AM

Oh wow, jogging regularly would work wonders for what it's worth. It's not much fun, but buy an MP3 player and just start out slow, you wont regret it.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jesus man you disgust me. What kind of a slob wears an American flag tie to a wedding? Sickening.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's only because I respect OOT enough not to drag Politics-forum stuff into this that I'll just say you have to know me and my cousin and we'll leave it at that. It's not part of my normal wedding attire.

As for the goatee, I know I look better with facial hair than without, but I look ridiculous with a goatee.

Thanks for bumping, and yes I do need to start exercising.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:35 PM

Congratulations! Grow your hair back out though, it looks good in the wedding pic. Plus it should make your head look a bit smaller. (I guess?)

Congrats on the downsizing. Keep us posted! ALso, PM GambleGamble, y'all two can inspire eachother. I think he went 6'4" 390 at one point over a year ago.