Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy

Old 01-14-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Bubble spot: sngpt too tight?

I'm having trouble with spots like this. If I fold, I need to double up anyway to get back into the tournament. Giving the bigstack a loose raising range, sngpt tells me it is a 2.6% mistake (!) to call, but I doubt I have much choice.
If you fold Q4o, what would you need for a call?

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t600 with t50 antes (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

CO (t5490)
Button (t1995)
SB (t4270)
Hero (t1745)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red">CO raises to t1800</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, Hero calls t1095 (All-in)
Old 01-14-2007, 07:33 PM

Default Re: Bubble spot: sngpt too tight?

seems like a marginal situation to me, the sngpt calculations are not always perfect advice imo. the next hands situation with u on the sb and co on bb is probably not good as the 2nd best stack might not push any 2 from the button because of the big stack in bb.. if he would u could call and get good overlay with maybe a better hand.

i think i d call here too.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:00 AM

Default Re: Bubble spot: sngpt too tight?

Bad spot for sure. I'd still probably fold and hope to push the next hand. Note that Button can't wait too and will probably have to make a move somewhere in the near future.

Also it is hard to quantify your EV here, as CO's range can go (imo) from 50 to 100% depending on the player (but he has to push 75% + for the call to be OK)