Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2006, 11:17 PM

Default Felt like posting a hand

This is over at Full Tilt. VERY aggro table, as was villain. Fifth street is the street in question I guess.

7 Card Stud High ($15/$30), Ante $3, Bring-In $5 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.20 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 3: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds

4th Street - (5.53 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (4.77 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises

6th Street - (8.77 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

River - (10.77 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

Total pot: (12.77 BB - $383)
Old 12-04-2006, 11:56 PM

Default Re: Felt like posting a hand

I might go for a check raise on 4th, but I usually bet out there. Depends on the aggressiveness of the initial raiser.

I like the reraise against the open jacks, considering there is 1 dead jack. If he makes it 3 bets on 5th, I might dump it, but it looks good from there.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:28 AM

I probably would have gone for the check-raise on 4th street also, but I think lstream's line is fine too, inasmuch as he gets a nice raise in on 5th street. The fact that villain didn't re-raise 5th street should be a good indicator for lstream to forge ahead. Hopefully, villain didn't suck out something unexpected on the river.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:42 AM

anybody think about slowplaying 5th here?

Taking a look at it, seat 3 has 3 outs to improve if hes got two pair (which isnt guaranteed), seat 2 has maybe 1 out to improve, more if they've got 910 or a pair in hole, but if they have 910 they're probably calling anyway.

If its an aggro table open jacks is probably betting 6th again and if seat 2 calls fifth and then folds to 2-bets on 6th you've gained yourself another bet.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:07 AM

i agree salche.. I prolly raise 6th
Old 12-05-2006, 01:15 AM

Are you guys sure about waiting till sixth? My cards are real dead too. I agree that the others are pretty dead as well, but do you really want to be playing this hand three way?
Old 12-05-2006, 01:30 AM

Although the horse race concept is at work here, when you have your opponent(s) drawing at 3 outs vs. say 4 or 5 there isn't much difference. You don't need to improve, they do.

Seems to me that hands like A33 are some of the best implied odds drawing hands because they are so hidden, maximize your potential here.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:41 AM

Ridculous ante. Anyway...I don't think there is much to discuss here. You played it well (though I'd give consideration to checkraising 4th since I doubt you will get popped by the original raiser but he - or another player - will likely bet if check to).

Jeff
Old 12-05-2006, 01:42 AM

I can see the arguments for check-raising fourth and smooth-calling fifth, but I like your line.

Three-dollar ante is too high for $15/30. Gamb001!
Old 12-05-2006, 10:22 AM

I think its probably better to just bet out here. If the orginal raiser bets and the other 2 players call and then you pop it, they may feel committed to playing this hand ot the river, which is ont what you want.