Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 09-28-2006, 01:03 PM

Default Two 30/60 hands

We're 3-handed. The play is fairly loose, quite aggressive, particularly on the earlier streets. I haven't decided whether my opponents are good players are not (which means they are certainly not awful).

In hand 2, my bet on 4th street is a double bet.

Hand 1:
7 Card Stud High ($30/$60), Ante $5, Bring-In $10 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.50 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___raises___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___raises___raises

4th Street - (8.50 SB)

Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (5.25 BB)

Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (7.25 BB)

Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

River - (9.25 BB)

Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___raises

Total pot: (13.25 BB)

Hand 2:
7 Card Stud High ($30/$60), Ante $5, Bring-In $10 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.50 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 6: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (2.50 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (3.25 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___raises___calls

6th Street - (9.25 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls

River - (11.25 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___bets___raises
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___raises___calls

Total pot: (17.25 BB)
Old 09-28-2006, 01:13 PM

Default Re: Two 30/60 hands

Blumpie, I think the only thing I'd do different is less aggression on 3rd in the first hand. I don't really see the point of pouring a bunch of chips in other than to tell the guy you aren't bluffing.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:14 PM

Hand 1: Wish I could say i would play this differently, but I wouldn't. Can't possibly see you winning this hand after allt he action he put in on 3rd and then his raise on 7th, but I can't fnd a fold at any point except maybe 5th street if he is fairly straight forward and you think you are beat.

Hand 2: I would raise the river again. He has been repping a straight no reason to give him credit for a full house.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:34 PM

The only part I dont really like is not raising again in the 2nd hand on the river. He doesn't have a pair on board and it looks like a staight. He could have been rolled i suppose...maybe trip 9s but you have to discount that some when you catch a 9. Either way it looks like his hand was made before the river with the way he was betting so I feel you are ahead most of the time here (unless he filled on teh river too of course).

In the first hand, maybe just call the reraise on 3rd but I think a raise is ok as he is probably just testing you since there is the dead Q out.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:38 PM

Doesn't blumpkin's river check raise scream fullhouse?

If he's testing to see if blumpkin has a real hand in hand 1, why bother to tell him?
Old 09-28-2006, 01:41 PM

The first hand looks fine although I'd be inclined to just check/call the river.. I mean the play is so aggressive that he's gonna bet almost any hand he has on the river no matter what, and if you're beat it sucks to get raised.

2nd hand I would cap the river.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't blumpkin's river check raise scream fullhouse?

If he's testing to see if blumpkin has a real hand in hand 1, why bother to tell him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed on point 1 and maybe just calling is correct here. Blumpkin's hand is fairly obvious at that point to a decent player (whether villain is decent is up in the air though).

I think you might want to bother to tell him in hand one because 1) he is probably ahead 2) you want to build some fold equity here, and 3) it may stop him from restealing in the future. He started with a decent hand but it is certainly not a monster. There is a dead kicker already in hero's hand and villain may very well have overcards or pick them up along the way. I would not be very happy seeing the river without improvement here. Telling villain you have a hand on 3rd may make him fold 5th if he doesnt improve, which i think would be a decent outcome to the hand.
The other option is to just call 3rd and raise 5th...i like that line a lot more with aces or kings down than with Ts.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:27 PM

Hand 1, third street: I'd like to save that raise for sometime when it's likely to get me some information, rather than just giving it up. He's capping you with a huge range of hands here; waiting and popping him on fourth or fifth should define his hand better.

Hand 2: I think you underplayed your hand here. I don't see any real reason not to four-bet on fifth. Everything plays a bit different from there.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:08 PM

Nasty river action in hand one. If he's not a maniac, he can beat queens up. That means a minimum of aces up in my mind or he backed into a flush. Can you fold to a raise here? Too sick I guess, but it's close - if he raised instantly, I think you can fold. If he "thought" for a second, he may have (in rare instances) rationalized that you might be bet-folding. But that seems unlikely. I like your play otherwise in the hand.

On the second hand, I like capping 5th and checking 6th possibly. But that's neither here nor there.

Jeff
Old 09-28-2006, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The first hand looks fine although I'd be inclined to just check/call the river.. I mean the play is so aggressive that he's gonna bet almost any hand he has on the river no matter what, and if you're beat it sucks to get raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, you know what you're right. It's interesting that in the stud games I play in, people tend to just turn their hands over on the river without a very strong holding. So you really can't count on them betting for you - so generally, I'd taking Blump's line on the river in Atlantic City. Online, I guess you don't have to worry about missing the bet checking. But it's definitely opponent dependant as well.

Jeff