Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Rockies Fans Are The Greatest Bandwagoners Of All Time

Some of the Rockies fans here are a bit annoying. But bandwagonig happens everywhere.

I'm a Reds fan. But i'm not exactly going to go running around screaming about it when there really isn't that much to talk about. I still wear their hat though.

If the Reds won 15 of 16 or whatever to somehow make the playoffs you better believe I would be ditching the cat and adopting a wishbone-C avatar and I would be damn excited. And the town would be going crazy too and would be showing up at the ballpark a lot more than they were when the team was a zillion games back.

That's just how it works. More people show up when the team is winning and/or in the playoff chase. Most teams do not sellout all their games when they are in last place...an dusually don't even come close.

I'm also a big-time Miami, Ohio fan. Not a whole lot to brag about during the basketball season really. Then they hit a miracle 3 in the conference tournament and advanced to the NCAA's where they were a 14-seed and were hanging in there with 3 seed Oregon and almost pulled off an upset.
So because I wasn't yapping on and on about my 6th place RedHawks all season long when they were barely .500 does that mean I can't get all excited when they suddenly turned it around?

Some of the Rockies' fans attitudes is a bit annoying. but if it was your last-place team that suddenly turned it around and was doing something even remotely similar the reaction would be somewhat the same. And if it was a team like the Red Sox, Yanks or Cubs who did this then the fan-reaction and obnoxiousness would be way way worse than anything we've seen out of the Rockies fans.

Oh....and those ARI fans were pretty ridiculous too. It seems insanely quiet in that place for much of the game, they don't sell it out, and then they throw a bunch of crap on a call that was clearly correct.
Not like such behavior is warranted when the umps get the call wrong....but to do that when there was nothing wrong with the call is significantly stupider imo.