Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 12:13 AM

Default Re: River Decision?

[ QUOTE ]
flop is worth it. pot is big and UTGs line is odd. i think he has an underpair or a monster(two pair/set) here usually. if he's not bet/3betting a monster he's probably waiting for the turn some portion of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

James, I don't think you're ever picking up the pot with a flop bet. The reason to bet this flop is to a)get to the river for 1 SB, or b)set up the hand to take it down with a bet on the turn and/or river.

-McGee
Old 10-01-2007, 08:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
flop is worth it. pot is big and UTGs line is odd. i think he has an underpair or a monster(two pair/set) here usually. if he's not bet/3betting a monster he's probably waiting for the turn some portion of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

James, I don't think you're ever picking up the pot with a flop bet. The reason to bet this flop is to a)get to the river for 1 SB, or b)set up the hand to take it down with a bet on the turn and/or river.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

crap, i never meant to insinuate i thought i would win this pot on the flop. sorry if i came across that way. i meant it's worth it to see the river for the 1sb. i don't think i ever win it UI on the turn/river with a bet, either.

in the actual hand i checked behind. UTG had 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and the BB had red nines.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

crap, i never meant to insinuate i thought i would win this pot on the flop. sorry if i came across that way. i meant it's worth it to see the river for the 1sb. i don't think i ever win it UI on the turn/river with a bet, either.

in the actual hand i checked behind. UTG had 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and the BB had red nines.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've got the 7c as the turn card.

-McGee
Old 10-01-2007, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You've got the 7c as the turn card.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

i just remember the turn being a medium club. it was likely the 8c, then. sorry. it's what i get for posting from work w/o a HH. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]