Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 09-10-2007, 01:41 AM

Default Re: Somewhat unusual stud/8 SnG hand

andy - the pot is way too small to peel on 4th. Fold 6th, he has to many redraw outs to pair if he hasn't already and the pot is small.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:22 AM

Default Re: Somewhat unusual stud/8 SnG hand

I'd play exactly the same on every street. Villain is trying to sell to you that he has a weak low hand on 3rd, and strong high hand on every other street. It just doesn't make sense. 95% of the time is a whiffed low that is trying to steal from the bring in. 5% of the time it's a strong hand hand suffering from fancy play syndrome.

I like the call on 4th because a big chunk of the time, villain will catch a big card on 5th, bet out, and fold to a raise regardless of what you're showing. He'll have no hand and no draw, and see that you must have had something when you called 4th, and now have something even better on 5th.

From a tournament perspective, I think winning this pot will put you in an excellent position to finish 1st, while losing this pot doesn't change your relative chances to cash by any significant margin give the stacks. (Winning = Big chip lead on the bubble with one small stack about to get busted = free chips from the middle stacks. Losing = same chip stack = play style remains the same and likelihood to bust on any given hand stays about the same.)

edit: after some thinking, i'm leaning towards folding 6th.