Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2006, 11:07 AM

Default Re: Felt like posting a hand

[ QUOTE ]
Are you guys sure about waiting till sixth? My cards are real dead too. I agree that the others are pretty dead as well, but do you really want to be playing this hand three way?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with lstream. Everybody in the hand has alot of deadcards & I would try to get this hand over or at least heads up as quick as possible. Forget waiting & trying to maximize.

As lstream probably knows, alot of the stud players at FT are in call down mode. So I don't think he's hurting himself by just simply betting his hand. The others have let him lead, so step on the gas.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:39 AM

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I think the hand is played just fine. Sure you could c/r 4th, that's good. But as for walking the dog on fifth, I would basically never do that with Aces up. At this point the pot is big enough that I want to make even underpairs fold, since virtually all their equity goes to me if he has jacks up. Same for draws -- if someone wants to get stubborn they are going to put in the max right now.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:49 AM

Yeah, I agree that slowplaying on 5th would be a mistake. 4th street on the other hand, I do see the merits of going for the checkraise.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm missing something here, but I think the hand is played just fine. Sure you could c/r 4th, that's good. But as for walking the dog on fifth, I would basically never do that with Aces up. At this point the pot is big enough that I want to make even underpairs fold, since virtually all their equity goes to me if he has jacks up. Same for draws -- if someone wants to get stubborn they are going to put in the max right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it too. A river Ace for a fill would be nice, but I would have played it the same.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:55 PM

3rd/4th and 6th/7th are pretty standard, the only real question is whether to raise on 5th or not.

I believe it is a pretty clear raise, because your opponent has open jacks. The problem here is the guy behind you will almost never call unless he has a pretty big draw (like 9T in the hole), since the original bettor has open jacks. The only time you'd want an overcall behind you is the times your opponent doesn't have a big draw. Therefore, you want to charge seat 2 the maximum just in case he's on a good draw.