Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2006, 02:54 PM

Default Foxwoods hand

5-10 Stud with a .50 ante

I have only shown the best hand on the end and I have the image of a very friendly guy, but people certainly understand than I am running good and I know what I am doing.

I bring it in with T2(2)

Unfortunately I was having a great time drinking a lot of beers and wasn’t very interested in my hand so I wasn’t paying much attention to the suits. They do however become important later on in the hand.

Anywoo four players call the BI so I get a free look at 4th street. Let's however fast forward to the action on 6th street as 4th an 5th got checked around.

Hero : T2(2462) Bets 10

Young Kid: Kc 8c 6c Td Raises to 20

Guy folds

Black Lady: Ah Qh 9h 3d Calls 20

Asian Guy: As Js 3s 9x Calls 20

And I should...?

The only board I am totally sure of is the Young Kid. But given the discussions after the hand the other two boards are very very close.

Might be a boring hand but I am a stud8 player...hadnt played stud-hi in like a year.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:16 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods hand

So on 5th street, the young kid was last or second to last to act? And are those boards in order or not?
Old 10-09-2006, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So on 5th street, the young kid was last or second to last to act? And are those boards in order or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Second to last to act on 5th

The Young Kids board is definitly in order. The other two are very close...the table was talking about the hand afterward all night.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:42 PM

So all three had 3 flushes showing on 5th, noone bet, and then when they catch apparent blanks things go a little nuts (for a small pot anyway)? I'd say you should just call and look to fill up, but I don't think young kid is who you should be worried about (based on the action, that is; meta-reasons in your post make me think young kid is the one to worry about after all [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]). Anyway, either someone was slowplaying or someone has made higher trips here would be my guess. And if you are somehow ahead there are probably 2 flush draws out against you plus a two pair, or something like that. But if you do fill your hand will be good to put in at least some action on river (but don't go too crazy).
Old 10-09-2006, 03:48 PM

I think this is pretty close to a 3-bet. If you're behind, you have 8 live outs in 34 cards. If everyone sees the river, you're a money favorite on any 6th street action, even considering the times you lose to a bigger full house (which is a parlay). Add in the few times you're ahead and don't get outdrawn, and you might have a thin reraise. That's even more true if the person you're worried about isn't the guy to your left (who could 4-bet and possibly shut out the others).
Old 10-09-2006, 05:00 PM

Just don't fold.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:47 AM

I think calling here and then check/raising with a full house on the river is the best line ... Don't overcall the river, maybe look the young kid up for one bet?
Old 10-10-2006, 12:57 AM

I'd call.. He probably has a flush here, you are getting an awesome price, and your equity with 4 players is quite high. I wouldn't make it 3 bets though because its possible someone could have a flush while another having a higher set. Also, you'd like to give the other flushes a chance to get there so you can check raise the entire field.. My plan is call and check no matter what hits on the river.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:46 PM

All,

Wouldnt the Young Guy have bet 5th street if he made a flush?

It is however totally possible IMO that either the Black Lady or the Asian Guy would have simply just called with a flush however.

Thanks
Old 10-10-2006, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Wouldnt the Young Guy have bet 5th street if he made a flush?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's why I think you should worry about the other two more. But I still think you are likely to be beat somewhere.