Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2006, 07:41 PM

Default this cant be a fold.

unlike my last post. this has to be a call down with VERY live hearts and the pair. But i think id call down with no pair if the four flush came on 4th
7 Card Stud High ($0.50/$1.00), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.25 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in

4th Street - (2.70 SB)

Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (4.35 BB)

Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (7.35 BB)

Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

River - (10.35 BB)

Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets___calls

Total pot: (14.35 BB)
Old 10-06-2006, 07:43 PM

Default Re: this cant be a fold.

I don't know about a call-down, but unless there's something about the bring-in you're not telling us, I see no reason not to see the river.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:16 PM

Just be sure to take notes at showdown on what he has. Pairing door cards happens often enough that you should be making a note of how people play it, especially as people play them pretty much the same way every time. Knowing that helps the 4th street decision.

And I'd raise 5th.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:34 PM

This can and IS a fold. You have it mixed up, you should prefer to call down with the 4 flush, since it does so much better in the multi-way pot that is likely to develop on the party .5-1
Old 10-06-2006, 09:38 PM

your wrong but thanks for the help anyway
Old 10-07-2006, 08:09 AM

Hey frappe_boy

"This can and IS a fold. You have it mixed up, you should prefer to call down with the 4 flush, since it does so much better in the multi-way pot that is likely to develop on the party .5-1"

hmm...Hearts are very live...and trip 7s beat trip 5s. 11 enticing outs. Other outs are trickier because of threat of trip 5s and possibility of already being up vs Qs or even As.

But I think ur right that having made 4 flush on 4th would be way nicer and "But i think id call down with no pair if the four flush came on 4th" (from original thread) seems to imply different or that's how I read it.

cheers
Old 10-07-2006, 10:44 AM

A heart isn't an out. All it gives you is a draw.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:34 PM

Post deleted by Andy B.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your wrong but thanks for the help anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

good thing you posted this with an open mind.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:46 PM

I fold fourth. I call fourth with a four flush here. A flush will win a lot of big multiway pots here. With the piar and three-flush, you only make a flush about 1 time in 8 (IIRC)when you don't catch a heart on fourth. Most of the time you end up with one or two pair, both of which are usually losers here.