Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2006, 12:14 PM

Default online ban for us stud monkeys..

i dont play much online at all really.. but to those of you that do.. does this mean i'm gonna have to see your ugly muggs at AC and foxwoods? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2006, 12:19 PM

Default Re: online ban for us stud monkeys..

The pacific game is going to dry up real fast. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

There was normaly less than 100 people in the stud room now it will be down to 20-30 at best. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2006, 12:30 PM

i wouldnt even keep money on there at all.. theyre gonna have such a huge drop off in income i would be afraid they'd pull another dutch and take off w/ it.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:26 PM

Yes, I'll be at foxwoods like 2-3 times a week once this thing actually goes into effect... Im hoping the games will get a lot better too as a result of it.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:53 PM

Forget poker for a moment. Look at the larger picture.

Vote all of these fascist people in power out of office. Send them a message that you do not recognize their right to tell people how to live or how to spend one's time or money. Let them now that you don;t accept the fact that torture tecniques in interregation are legal but playing online poker is illegal? Let them now that you value the Bill of Rights and all the protections that it offers. Let them now that you are tired of seeing Billions of dollars wasted each day on misguided wars.

And in order to let them know, do something that many people, including poker players don;t take seriously enough, that is, getting out and vote for a change and tell Washington that we are a free people and refuse to have the likes of facist regigious movments and governments dictate how the lives of free individuals should be led.

This internet gaming ban is symbolic of all the wrong that is going on in washington.

Get out and vote. And don;t be afraid to speak your peace, fellow poker players. Becasue the govt has overstepped its boundary.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:18 PM

Hopefully I don't offend the large number of U.S. based friends I have on this site, but this legislation just makes my head shake. Your country has been a symbol of individual rights and freedom for the whole world. To have a special interest group succeed in stripping away the right of its citizens to freely decide what to do with their own time and money is simply shocking to me. Sad indeed.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To have a special interest group succeed in stripping away the right of its citizens to freely decide what to do with their own time and money is simply shocking to me. Sad indeed.

[/ QUOTE ]

You certainly haven't offended me. My head is still spinning and I'm asking myself how this has happened.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:57 PM

Because we let it happen. Because we let the fascist few dictate to the FREE MAJORITY how we should live. Becasue we let it happen.

Because we are letting it happen. As simple as that. And becasue we elect too many cowards into congress that don't have the courage to stand up to those that wish to dictate to WE THE PEOPLE and tell us how to be.

Write to your senators about all issues that bother you. Write to your congressmen about the messes that they are creating. And write to that baboon in the oval office that we are tired of his changing this wonderful country into a place of shame rather than one of pride.

And this is all our own doing and I am first in line to take credit for our failure.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I'll be at foxwoods like 2-3 times a week once this thing actually goes into effect... Im hoping the games will get a lot better too as a result of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

hopefully i'll see you there and we can complain or rejoice about the affect the ban has on the games there.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:20 PM

I'll probably go to AC more (I already go like two weekends a month). I'd go to Fox, but it's a nice 6.5 hour drive from me. I don't think online poker is going anywhere though (some sites yes, but there will be middle stakes games). Stud online could be rough sailing though.

Jeff