Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 09-26-2006, 01:25 AM

Default Re: $2/4 Stud/8 (HORSE) Hand for Comment

Where do I save this to?
Old 09-26-2006, 01:46 AM

OK, this was sort of my thinking, I think. I only called the three-bet on fifth. After raising third and jamming fifth, I think that my opponent might reasonably conclude that the Deuce must have paired me. Really, I don't think there's any other way to interpret my action, is there? When my opponent checks sixth street, it must be because he fears my presumed trips, right? If he's worried about my trips, well, they must be good, right? Is this really way off?
Old 09-26-2006, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Where do I save this to?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to download autohotkey, and then save the file with an .ahk extension, and the autohotkey will open it automatically.

http://www.autohotkey.com/download/
Old 09-26-2006, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, this was sort of my thinking, I think. I only called the three-bet on fifth. After raising third and jamming fifth, I think that my opponent might reasonably conclude that the Deuce must have paired me. Really, I don't think there's any other way to interpret my action, is there? When my opponent checks sixth street, it must be because he fears my presumed trips, right? If he's worried about my trips, well, they must be good, right? Is this really way off?

[/ QUOTE ]

(My fault about saying to check/fold 7'th IP, I suck at reading HH's...but anyway...)

You are showing 3522 and have put multiple bets in vs. open queens on every possible street so far. Personally, I would put in another raise on sixth, and most likely, if he knew it was H/L [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img], he would, too. But if he check/calls, it's far more likely that he's worried about a made low with a wheel draw, the wheel, or a boat, rather than not having the hand he's put about 67 bets "representing" since fourth.

edit: fixed a dumb comment that illustrates why you shouldn't post analysis at 4 AM
Old 09-26-2006, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I was your opp with trip Q's, I woulda played it exactly the way he did. He's gotta worry about a made wheel or made low/wheel draw from 5th. Not much future in jamming for him after 5th.

I think your bet on 6th is perfect - and essential (you're gonna pay off the river anyway, aintcha. So bet 6th and he'll prolly check to you, in which case you check unimproved, or bet if you make a boat or low/wheel)....oh, wait, you bet the river unimproved when he checked to you...tsk, tsk.

Yeah, I don't like the river bet too much. It's important to get value bets in on 7th, but this one just seems way too dangerous, given the early action in the hand.

edit; actually, if I was the opp with QQQ, I wouldnt have repopped 5th.