Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2007, 11:16 PM

Default Re: Hand from villian\'s perspective (Reshef)

[ QUOTE ]
but i like these threads. also i'm sure the guy would do better _overall_ if he removed the top x% of his spew. like that k2 on aa2t is just classic and has no chance of being worth the investment. that said, yeah, whatever, if you play like 400h/hr and play 1 hand that bad and overplay a draw once every 80-100 hands, it isn't gonna matter much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have to disagree with you. I think it matters a lot. example hand I just played:

35/12 limps utg+1, I raise A7s CO, seemingly good TAG 3bets SB, all call.

Flop 256 1 of my suit: bet, call, call

Turn K giving me fd: bet, call, I raise.

This is not my standard. I pull this maybe 1/20 times. It's not *that* bad (I will lose maybe 1/4 BB on this play), but it adds value to my overall strategy. TAG calls, I proceed to hit my flush and show, and he gets pissed.

He now thinks I am an idiot, and is making consistent really bad plays against me. 3betting my turn c/rs way too light, showing down way too light, all because of one spew.

It's not just TAGs that notice too, bad players will stop bluffing against you, everybody will pay you off... Not spewing frequntly in these games is a pretty big mistake.