Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2007, 01:04 PM

Default LC: chatting

Jhub and I have been having a discussion about chatting at the tables. Personally I think us multi-tablers should really try to chat as much as we can. Jhub agrees in principle and chats some, although not as much as I do.

People don't mind losing money nearly as much if they feel like they're playing a real human, rather than an automaton. It's fun for them to think they have a rivalry perhaps, or when they say stuff like "me and you are the only ones who know how to play", etc. Or when they give you a compliment when you get HU at the end. I actually think whether or not they get some chat back at that point makes a difference in their enjoyment of the game. Which ultimately affects our bottom line.

When I play cash around LA I mostly play for fun. I like to drink and bluff a lot. Which is why I can't stand Commerce, it seems like everyone is a lifeless freaking zombie. Whereas at the Bike or Hollywood Park, it seems like people are there more to have fun. So even if the games are softer at Commerce, I avoid it because the players are no fun.

Gramps, DD_Beast, I understand it probably hurts your ROI to try to chat. But do you guys ever worry that it's not good for the game long term? I'm not trying to call anyone out here. Just spark a discussion.

Thoughts?