Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2006, 09:44 PM

Default KQo vs CSC and goofball

Bellagio 30/60, a few nights back.

I'm running in a pretty high gear, raising a lot and not showing down a lot, as the table is letting me get away with too much. At one point in the night, I tell CSC that "I'm gonna pull this game out of the muck, even if I have to pull it out by your pubic hairs." So, long story short, I'm LAGgy tonight.

CSC raises in the HJ. I side-sweat two face cards and 3bet. Goofball is in the SB and 4bets. I'm not sure if he saw me sidesweat, but I reckon his range is a little wider than normal here. CSC calls, I look at K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and call.

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Goofball bets, CSC calls, I call

Turn: T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Goofball bets, CSC raises, I think and think and think some more, then call.

River: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], which I promptly file under "G" for good card.

Goofball checks, CSC's shoulders drop, he rolls his eyes, and checks. I bet.

This is my first time playing with CSC. His actions seemed genuine, so I figured he may have a hand good enough to crying call with, so the bet was easy. But what if I have no read on either guy or if I read CSC's act to be the slightest bit suspicious? What is my river line with the 4th nuts?

And, of course, what about the calls on the other streets? Close folds, close calls, or easy calls? What if I don't think Goofball can 3bet with worse than TT on the turn?
Old 11-20-2006, 10:08 PM

Default Re: KQo vs CSC and goofball

what does "side-sweat" mean?
Old 11-20-2006, 10:21 PM

Squeezing the side of the card to not see the rank. With non-face cards you see the number of pips across (3 across, 4 across, etc.) to narrow down what the card might be. It's a fun way to guess what cards you might have but not know for sure.

I never do this because I'm not good enough to play without being 100% sure of what my own cards are.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is my first time playing with CSC. His actions seemed genuine, so I figured he may have a hand good enough to crying call with, so the bet was easy. But what if I have no read on either guy or if I read CSC's act to be the slightest bit suspicious? What is my river line with the 4th nuts?

And, of course, what about the calls on the other streets? Close folds, close calls, or easy calls? What if I don't think Goofball can 3bet with worse than TT on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I find CSC's act suspicious, but no tell is 100%. Bet and fold to a raise.

Flop call is marginal but you are getting 14-1, you only need one clean card for that. Turn call is marginal, but unless CSC already has an ace high flush you've got flush and straight outs. You're happy if Goofball has a set, because there is only one flush card that pairs the board. And maybe they both have sets which would be great for you.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:05 PM

are you ever bluffing here? would CSC ever expect you to bluff here? it's hard to put you on a non-flush hand after that action. what could you possibly be calling two on the turn with?

you can't have a set. you'd raise the flop with JJ, 88 or 44. i would think you'd 3-bet the turn with TT. you're not calling the turn with KQ with no hearts. i can't put you on a non-heart hand.

but a set (or a straight?) is still going to pay you off once in a while, even if it's wrong for them to pay you off.

it's close. getting raised sucks. even if CSC's tells are genuine, he might be aware of them and he might decide to bluff raise you because he might decide that his genuine tells are now going to play the part of reverse tells.

or he might just think that there's no value in betting his ace high flush anymore and he's going to call you and you're going to feel like a [censored] for betting.

playing with 2+2ers is fun.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:24 PM

I think the most interesting part about this hand is that fact that my open, Gon's 3bet, and Goof's 4bet were all discounted quite a bit by all three of us. I told Doug later that I had anticipated his 3bet, and had not ruled out hands like 68o.

My shoulders dropped because I was quite sure that the thousand dollars in the middle of the pot no longer belonged to me. Gonores sucks.

Both calls are marginal, but given Goof's increased range and my HJ-open range, and Doug's backdoor outs, he's probably got about 2-4 outs on the flop. Given the action up to the point of Doug's turn call, I think there's about a 30% chance either Patrick or I have the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] with about a 12% chance that the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is in my hand along with another [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. The turn call is close but correct.

Still, Gonores sucks.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:49 AM

I hope you told goofball that the hand didn't concern him.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:45 AM

Good call on all street I would say. Usually when I play hold'em try not to think too much of the "What IF" and just play my hands accordingly. Sometimes people tend to think too much of the whole scenario which makes it harder to play because you're trying make the correct moves.

I think if you play your hands accordingly you should do fine.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:03 AM

PF I don't love, but given your description of the situation, I guess it made sense.

Flop = standard.

The turn is a bit tough, but I can't see folding with your outs. I also can't see a raise really doing anything here either. I think the call was perfect.

The river plays itself.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The river plays itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

o rly?