Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2006, 08:49 PM

Default Re: Movies That Made You Cry Like a Girl

What part of Good Will Hunting do people cry at?

For me, I remember Forest Gump (both "Is he smart" and when he is talking to his wife at her grave)

I also remember What Dreams May Come, when Robin Williams character says something like "I gave up eternity just to spend 5 minutes with you."

Oh yeah, and Crash, where it appears the locksmith guy's daughter is shot by the looted shop owner.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The last movie I cried at was forrest gump.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Is he smart?"

~D

[/ QUOTE ]
when jenny dies.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, and Crash, where it appears the locksmith guy's daughter is shot by the looted shop owner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you really think she had been shot? When the lady was buying the bullets, as soon as that scene ended I turned to my buddy and was like, "Those are blanks aren't they?"
Old 06-20-2006, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you really think she had been shot? When the lady was buying the bullets, as soon as that scene ended I turned to my buddy and was like, "Those are blanks aren't they?"

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what blanks look like, and obviously missed any dramatic foreshadowing, which made it all the more emotional for me. (I'm also one of the few people on the internet who admits that he didn't see the twist at the end of the Sixth Sense coming).
Old 06-20-2006, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
OMG You're so smart and clever. We dull-witted plebeians would never be able to foresee such an ingenius plot device.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what blanks look like, and obviously missed any dramatic foreshadowing, which made it all the more emotional for me. (I'm also one of the few people on the internet who admits that he didn't see the twist at the end of the Sixth Sense coming).

[/ QUOTE ]

I never figured out The Sixth Sense either, but the whole buying bullets randomly didn't make sense to me at all. So I was just like, "There's got to be a reason for this stuff," and the only reasonable thing I could think of was that she had bought blanks.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I never figured out The Sixth Sense either, but the whole buying bullets randomly didn't make sense to me at all. So I was just like, "There's got to be a reason for this stuff," and the only reasonable thing I could think of was that she had bought blanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, now I vaguely remember the scene where she bought them. Was it shot as though she was just randomly picking out some ammo? I do remember wondering why they were showing her buy bullets. Funny enough, I had forgotten about the scene until your post.

Either way, as you can imagine, it made the scene much more dramatic for me.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:25 PM

I'm pretty young so sensitive movies haven't really had an effect on me because I've never really understood them, but most recently I came really close to crying while watching Million Dollar Baby. Its kinda hard not to when around 20% of the theater is balling their eyes out.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty young so sensitive movies haven't really had an effect on me because I've never really understood them, but most recently I came really close to crying while watching Million Dollar Baby. Its kinda hard not to when around 20% of the theater is balling their eyes out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I remember watching Ghost (Demi Moore and the Swazy guy), and laughing at all the chicks in the place who were balling. Gee, that doesn't date me too much, does it?
Old 06-20-2006, 10:01 PM

Ikiru is the only movie to really make me cry.