Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2007, 01:47 PM

Default 100nl: Two maybe easy spots

the villain is basically retarded in a passive sort of way. He's almost a station, but he'll make weird call downs with big hands like trips and top two etc, which threw me off. Fold river? Call? Any better line?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 2 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (BB): $317.50
SB: $87.60

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB raises to $2.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.00</font>, SB calls $4.00

Flop: ($12) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $9.50</font>, SB calls $9.50

Turn: ($31) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $22.00</font>, SB calls $22.00

River: ($75) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">SB bets all-in for $50.10</font>, Hero?

This villain is a big bluffer. I've made big call downs more than once on him (with bottom/second pair type hands) and he just keeps firing bluffs at me...easy shove right?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 2 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (BB): $206.95
SB: $131.35

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB raises to $4.00</font>, Hero calls $3.00

Flop: ($8) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, SB checks

Turn: ($8) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $8.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $20.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero ?
Old 08-25-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: 100nl: Two maybe easy spots

Do you get the impression at all that villain one is ever going to use his "image" against you, and the time is about right for it?

Hand two is pretty gross, I think. He is clearly trying to bluff bluff bluff and trap, hoping you will make a play just like this. At the same time, I don't like folding.

Is it standard use to over-shove? It's something I never do, but I feel it could be valuable to learn about. I don't intend to jack the thread. I could start my own on this subject if you prefer.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you get the impression at all that villain one is ever going to use his "image" against you, and the time is about right for it?

[/ QUOTE ]
villain is far too retarded to even know what his own image is
Old 08-25-2007, 03:47 PM

I would reraise to like 8 in hand 1, just because you're OOP. On the river, flip a coin. Passive usually means he has the flush, but it's probably close. If you had reraised to 8 and made similar sized bets on the flop and turn, the decision would be much easier.

In hand 2, 3bet and get it in. Villain could very easily have AA/AK here. With 2 flushes and 3 broadway on the board I'm certainly not just calling