Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2007, 03:31 AM

Default New Picture Competition Site

I've been working on an idea for a site that I think could be fairly lucrative. It's basically a knock-off of thefunniest.info and its sister sites, but I've added the ability to create your own competitions ("ladders") and hopefully I have done a better job with the site over all. I plan to add a couple more features before launch that I think will help make the site much more useful (and hopefully stickier). Specifically comments/forums on a per-image and per-ladder basis.

I'm looking for feedback on the site. I'm interested in any feedback on any areas of the site, but my priorities are probably:

1. User experience / bugs.
2. Good thoughts for a name / domain name for the site that isn't already taken.
3. Suggestions on monetization alternatives other than AdSense.
4. Suggestions on additional features that would make the site more appealing, useful, sticky, etc.

The beta site is up now at ladder.jpevans.com. This obviously won't be the final name/domain for the site -- as implied above, I am looking for suggestions on new names/domains. Thanks in advance.