Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Best Hands Thread (Low Content)

Too funny.. after reading this thread last night, I drew 3 to AA and made quads. Someone else had made a FH. After I reraised his raise, he shoved (NL) and I happily called.

Other interesting hands:

First quads, playing 5cent/10cent on Planet when I was still learning the game. I had KKK and raised pre. Called by a super tighty that drew 2. Since I wasn't RR pre, knew it wasn't AAA, so I drew 1, and caught the case King; which I needed... other caught case deuce and we capped. We actually got a mini-bad beat (my one and only bad beat hand).. I got about $150 for winning the hand.

Another one was that I limped behind or called a min raise in limit once with a str-flush draw. Villain to my right bet post and I saw that I caught a heart, he had drawn 3, so we ended up capping; figured my flush beat his trips, and I was right... I saw ppl in chat saying things like "wow, nh" and scrolled up to find that, I had in fact over-kill, I caught the straight-flush and didn't even realise it. LOL

Interesting side note: while in HE I've actually lost track of how many Royals that I've made (stopped counting at 14!); after (just checking my stats) playing some 1500 hours of online draw (therefore prolly about 100+ hands/hr, for over 150K hands) I have _never_ had a royal flush; dealt or drawn.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:41 PM

I forgot about this screenshot. Here's the classy way to win a draw MTT. This was about 1.5 years ago at B2B.

Old 02-28-2007, 02:43 PM

I used to get good hands in sökö as well. I miss that game.

Old 03-12-2007, 06:17 AM

seems like an interesting thread so ill bump/contribute...my stuff only draw though, and relatively i havent played it long, and almost exclusively limit, so likely uninteresting to anyone

best pat hand: four aces. raised, no action pre

best drawn hand: four kings, got decent action on that

best hand beaten: probably tens up

biggest laydown predraw: aces up, ain found a reason to lay down trips predraw yet in limit

biggest laydown post: think i laid three aces against a w/t who stood pat

worst hand that won at showdown: king high won a 3 way pot

best accomplishment in draw: made the 4.40 limit FT 2 days out of 3 thursday thru saturday. 2nd thursday, 5th saturday
Old 03-12-2007, 07:06 AM

I played a little HU limit 5CD against my sister yesterday. My sister raised preflop. She'd do that with just about any pair. I reraised, and she smooth called. She drew one card, and I was pat with my ace-high straight.

After the draw, my sister said "I don't believe you" and bet right into me. I imediately felt an urge to raise. I put my sister on two pairs pre-draw based on the action. She wouldn't play a draw like that, but it could possibly be trips. I knew that the probability of making a full house after drawing 1 card was slim. Then I decided not to make a "I have a pat hand, and there's no way that this hand could ever get cracked"-raise, because I was pretty sure that my sister didn't have the nerve to bet into me without making a really good hand. I think that the best play in this situation against my sister might possibly be a fold, but I couldn't get myself to dump it this time. I called, and my sister showed down her quad sevens. She told me that she had quads pre-draw, and I think she was telling the truth. We made a rough calculation, and it looks like quads vs. a pat hand pre-draw comes up approximately once or twice in a million hands HU. Nothing special really...

My sister was a little shortstacked when this hand came up. I think that she would probably have doubled her stack if she reraised with her quads pre-draw. She might have been better off without slowplaying, especially since she was out of position. She plays aggressively enough to get plenty of action anyway.

Actually she's so aggressive that she crushed me the first couple of times we played HU.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Worst" Hand won at Showdown, Badugi: Ten-high three card hand. I haven't logged many hours at this game. Has anyone won a showdown with a two-card hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't recall winning with a two-card hand against a player who knew what game he was playing, though I've done it against fools showing down quads. Chopping with A2 happens a lot HU though.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:07 AM

pictures of sister? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

i agree that her leading out into your pat-ness is not a good sign - probably even foldable if you dont think she'd have the audacity to put a play on you (BTW, its 1 in 12 times she'd catch boat off 2pr, if that was what she had, ~1 in 10 if she had trips and drew 1). If she thinks you're pat-bluffing, she'd rather check-call than lead out.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

After the draw, my sister said "I don't believe you" and bet right into me. I called, and my sister showed down her quad sevens.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love the way she set it up with the verbals.!! You did well not to fall into her sneaky trap.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:33 PM

OK, since people like this stuff -grin- how's this one..

I raise out of the SB (I think only 1 limper) in a $50 PL Draw High game w/ KKK.

BB calls, limper(s) fold.

Since HU, and I didn't just min-raise, I figured the BB for 2pair, so I false carded and drew just one to my 3 Kings; I managed, for the 2nd time in my playing draw, to hit the case King for quads after only drawing 1.

The BB draws... FOUR! LOL, this after calling a raise.

I min bet just hoping that the BB made AA to at least call and "keep me honest".

BB... Raises!

I RR, BB RR, I shove, BB calls.. too funny.

This, after we just talked about whether or not to buy in with the max or not (of course, even w/ just the default buyin, I did have the BB covered--I had $1 left--funny situation.)

BTW, the BB happened to pull out a wheel (5-high str) with their 4-card draw! Then was too stubborn to believe that I could have drawn a better hand [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2007, 08:42 PM

BBV Crosspost