Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2007, 07:37 PM

Default Anarcho Capitalism take 1million

ACism is like a religion, where private property rights are what you worship.

"Private property is right and good. Limitations on private property are evil and horrible. Why? Because we say so and it feels right. This is the only way a good society can be created."

Do you recognize that argument? I think you should, because it's the same kind of argument the statists use against you. And that is, as far as I can tell, the basis of your philosophy.

Realise that property is a lot more complicated than that. You ask me why should you be forced to give anything to this entity called "the people"? Well, I ask you why the people should refrain from taking whatever they need "from you"* (as long as they don't take anything you need for your survival). "Because it's the law? "Because society would not work if they could do that?" Who's law? It certainly appears to be your law, but it's not mine. You sound like statists again.

* They're not really taking anything from you. You have showed me no basis for why you should allowed to own anything, let alone something that other people need to survive. If I live in an anarchy, and I have never signed a contract saying I will respect private property, what right do you have to force me to respect it?

As a sidenote, and I don't want this to be the main issue in the thread: Didn't the European settlers steal the land in the US when they came there? I'm pretty sure it wasn't a voluntary transaction at least. I guess the ancestors of the native americans will be very rich in AC-land. Plenty of other examples of the same thing exist. My point here is not that you should give the land back to the native americans (they are dead anyway, for one), it is that property is a much more complicated issue than you give it credit for.