Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 11:37 AM

Default Re: New York Giants

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Re the Giants defense, they still suck. The Jets O line is in shambles right now and nothing you saw the other night should make you worry less about your front 7. Also, your back 4 aren't good either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone is worried about the front 4. With or without Strahan, that remains a strength of the defense. The back 7 are the problem, but I thought the LBs looked more than decent during the pre-season. Of course that could change when the regular season starts and offenses mix it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Osi is good and ignoring Strahan, what else is there? Coefield was impressive last year. W Joseph is not good. Tuck might be. Sure, it might be a relative strenth compared to the LBs and secondary. But neither of those are good either.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:53 AM

Fred Robbins is a very good player and a significant omission.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:08 PM

William Joseph is on the 2nd unit now - the starting four are Umeniyora, Robbins, Cofield, Tuck.

It's not a bad front 4 by any stretch.

niss, I didn't think Eli looked 'great' - he still can't throw three yard passes and his passes still tend to wobble. However, he did look capable, plus Plax and Jeremy Shockey haven't really been seeing much of the field.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:05 PM

Keep in mind that Eli has played against 2nd and 3rd string players. He had a good preseason last season and we saw how that turned out in the end.

I think he'll be better this year though. I don't how much better. He was supposed to be the savior of the Giants and he hasn't been anywhere near that. I suppose those expectations were unrealistic, but if he never pans out, he could be one of the biggest draft busts in recent memory.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Keep in mind that Eli has played against 2nd and 3rd string players. He had a good preseason last season and we saw how that turned out in the end.

I think he'll be better this year though. I don't how much better. He was supposed to be the savior of the Giants and he hasn't been anywhere near that. I suppose those expectations were unrealistic, but if he never pans out, he could be one of the biggest draft busts in recent memory.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? You mean when he went up against the first string units of both the Jets and Ravens? What are you talking about?

I think Eli sucks too and he's clearly running well - but this is ridiculous.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

huh? You mean when he went up against the first string units of both the Jets and Ravens? What are you talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

In other words, I'm saying that the preseason isn't the regular season. I haven't looked up any statistics on it, but I don't believe that preseason results are a consistent and accurate measure of a team's or player's regular season performance.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't looked up any statistics on it, but I don't believe that preseason results are a consistent and accurate measure of a team's or player's regular season performance.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're not.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you talking about? The first string offense has played predominantly against first-string defenses.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In other words, I'm saying that the preseason isn't the regular season. I haven't looked up any statistics on it, but I don't believe that preseason results are a consistent and accurate measure of a team's or player's regular season performance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am aware of this and believe it. However, you made a clearly erroneous statement - Eli has faced first-string defenses both weeks.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:03 AM

WTF is with the injuries with this team EVERY [censored] YEAR???

Good article on Giants' injuries.