Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 02:04 PM

Default KK standard fold?

SB is 16/12/1.5 so this is usually a standard fold but:
1) This board is quite drawy
2) BB is a really wild, crazy donator

As played do these factors widen SBs range enough for a call here, or is this still a set/2pr/massive combo nearly always?

In hindsight I think my flop raise was extremely bad, and calling then folding to continued pressure from SB would have been a much better option.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $225.69
BB: $344.88
UTG: $170.61
CO: $149.52
Hero (BTN): $126.60

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.00</font>, SB calls $3.50, BB calls $3.00

Flop: ($12) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $10.00</font>, BB calls $10.00, <font color="red">Hero raises to $35.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $125.00</font>
Old 07-12-2007, 02:08 PM

Default Re: KK standard fold?

Yeah SB has KK beat right now for sure. I still like the way you played it. Even though you defined your hand you can still get away from it cheaply.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:15 PM

PF raise is OK, but the raise after a pot bet from SB and a call is suspect. IMO flat call the flop and use your position. As played, probably fold as SB looks like he has a made hand.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PF raise is OK, but the raise after a pot bet from SB and a call is suspect. IMO flat call the flop and use your position. As played, probably fold as SB looks like he has a made hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well at least you approve of the PF raise. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow kill yourself now
Old 07-12-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no way do u flat call the flop...ever really...
Old 07-12-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow kill yourself now

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe thats a little drasitc but you definitly cant be coldcalling a PSB here. There is two seperate legit draws out and you need to be aggressive here. I like the way Hero played except I might have made it ~40$ to go after the PSB then a cold call. Either way its a fold now.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

maybe thats a little drasitc but you definitly cant be coldcalling a PSB here. There is two seperate legit draws out and you need to be aggressive here. I like the way Hero played except I might have made it ~40$ to go after the PSB then a cold call. Either way its a fold now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sb is the 16/12 who is usually leading a strong range here. And when he has a big draw he is leading to trap the fish in the middle, get you to raise, and then shove his draw. You aren't really protecting your hand.

I call here all the time. Only time I don't is when sb is more aggro and leads lots of flops and I expect to mostly fold him out and get it heads up with the fish, and I'm comfortable either easily folding or calling if sb pushes.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:44 PM

Calling here is seriously retarded. There is no card that is going to improve our hand so much that we want to bet/raise on the turn except the K. Then when we call and the turn peels off non club and SB bets again whats the plan?
Old 07-12-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then when we call and the turn peels off non club and SB bets again whats the plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

Play poker? It shouldn't even be that tough of a decision, if he is leading into both the huge fish and us again he should be really strong. And now he is the one inserting chips into the pot while we get info for cheap.