Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 06:04 AM

Default Re: I fold trips top kicker

I don't think reraising him is bad. You can fold to 4-bet from him. As for the hand, I played it same and call river. You chop enough, and there is always the chance he doing retatrd stuff, altough Only Nuts is very very nitty.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think reraising him is bad. You can fold to 4-bet from him. As for the hand, I played it same and call river. You chop enough, and there is always the chance he doing retatrd stuff, altough Only Nuts is very very nitty.

[/ QUOTE ]
and how does he get to the river with a hand he wanna bluff with?
Old 11-06-2007, 09:03 AM

I can't understand all the hate for this fold. He has AK a majority of the time and the rest of the time he has AQ/QQ. He is not turning KK into a bluff, he does not have a weaker ace. Dunno how often he needs to have AK for the split for us to call this, but the fold can't be that bad.

Seems like a lot of people only look at the absolute strength of our hand and not the fact that this guy isn't getting to this river with any worse than AK that he will push for value. We split with AK and lose to the rest of his hands. Unless you guys really think he is turning KK/JJ into a bluff and overpot shoving the river.

3 combos of AK, 3 combos of QQ, 3 combos of AQ. Discount AQ a little since he may fold preflop, discount QQ a little since he may fold flop. Still we only win half the pot when he has AK, and ship the whole thing to him when he has one of the other two.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't understand all the hate for this fold. He has AK a majority of the time and the rest of the time he has AQ/QQ. He is not turning KK into a bluff, he does not have a weaker ace. Dunno how often he needs to have AK for the split for us to call this, but the fold can't be that bad.

Seems like a lot of people only look at the absolute strength of our hand and not the fact that this guy isn't getting to this river with any worse than AK that he will push for value. We split with AK and lose to the rest of his hands. Unless you guys really think he is turning KK/JJ into a bluff and overpot shoving the river.

3 combos of AK, 3 combos of QQ, 3 combos of AQ. Discount AQ a little since he may fold preflop, discount QQ a little since he may fold flop. Still we only win half the pot when he has AK, and ship the whole thing to him when he has one of the other two.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree, calling to chop is not a good thing, I fold here.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:06 AM

calling to chop isn't too bad if he is always chopping.

anyway, most responses here are bad.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:08 AM

I cant believe pre flop is ever bad. Aside from the raise size a reraise here I like. Make it 70 tho [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain's nickname is ONLYNUTS and my note on him "Literally plays only nuts".

[/ QUOTE ]
lol

and good fold.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:37 PM

I like how most of the guys who's posts/game i generally respect agree with my reasoning and a lot of newcomers are "wtf, you are so weak, you got trips w TK, callcallcallcallcall" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I actually made 2 more calls in similar spots after that post where i had a very strong hand in vacuum (straight on 3 diamonds paired board and AA on JK66x board against a nit in rr pot who shoved the river), but realistically was beat and each time i knew i should have folded judging from the way the hand went.I was shown 2 boats...

I think i made a good fold here.I will probably make it again against the same type of villain on a similar board and similar action.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I actually made 2 more calls in similar spots after that post where i had a very strong hand in vacuum (straight on 3 diamonds paired board and AA on JK66x board against a nit in rr pot who shoved the river), but realistically was beat and each time i knew i should have folded judging from the way the hand went.I was shown 2 boats...

I think i made a good fold here.I will probably make it again against the same type of villain on a similar board and similar action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't you being a bit too results oriented? Plus if you're already sure you made the right play, why bother posting the hand?

But IMO opinion, I think that you have to call this. I think that you you have to discount the possibility that he got to the turn with QQ, and AQ given how nitty you describe him to be. AQ should have folded pf, and QQ should have folded the flop. Given that there are just so few hands that he has, and that you severely under repped your hand, I think that you have to call. I think that this is just one of those situations where the probability that he has AQ and QQ is so low that you call and he has to show you better.

Saying that, I don't hate your fold. I just think that you have to call this from time to time. Maybe he's bluffing you a lot more than you think.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:02 PM

so preflop, you 3-bet to find out where you were at?