Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 07:55 AM

Default NL25: AA with monotone flop

What is the proper turn action? After he cks the turn after his flop ck rs, is this a push given that he only has about the pot left anyway, ck behind for pot control, or bet about half the pot leaving him with some behind? I sensed a flush draw or maybe KK with the K hearts and dont put him on QQ or JJ. I dont think he would ck a set with this flop.

Would a flop shove be better than the call?

Cryptologic - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.15/$0.25 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $14.18
BB: $8.02
UTG: $27.37
UTG+1: $25.44
Hero (MP1): $32.20
MP2: $5.88
MP3: $10.42
CO: $28.14
BTN: $18.12

Reads: <font color="blue">Villain is 11/8/4 over approx 50 hands.</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (9 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises to $0.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.25</font>, 6 folds, UTG+1 calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.90) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.00</font>, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises to $6.00</font>, Hero calls $3.00

Turn: ($16.90) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="blue">Hero ?????
Old 08-24-2007, 08:34 AM

Default Re: NL25: AA with monotone flop

I'd check it behind and call a bet on the river on a non-heart. I don't think you want to get all in here, so you can't really bet it.

If villain checks the river, I may or may not value bet. Probably not, I don't really see the villain paying you off with very many worse hands.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:34 AM

I, too, would check behind and call a non-heart river.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:53 AM

I check behind on the turn and call reasonable bet on river.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I check behind on the turn and call reasonable bet on river.

[/ QUOTE ]
A bet would pretty much commit you which I don't think we want.

If it's a blank river and he checks, should we bet? I'm thinking yes, but i'm not sure.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:28 AM

I think your all crazy! I would definetly bet the turn. I put him on top pair or A high flush with that flashy min reraise on the flop. Put in a raise of, ALL-IN. Half the time he folds and the other half we waits and calls with (Jc,Ah) Why would he have check a made flush on the turn? Especially after you called his min bet on the flop? I know 25nl players are crazy, but i doubt that he has plans for a double check raise. I think letting him draw to the flush on the turn for free is about as wrong as it gets. IMO
Old 08-24-2007, 10:35 AM

You're probably against a made flush (AKh) or something like AhQ.He may have the set with JJ/QQ and be worried about the flush and hopes for the board to pair (he is tight). Given that, I'd check and call a non heart river.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think your all crazy! I would definetly bet the turn. I put him on top pair or A high flush with that flashy min reraise on the flop. Put in a raise of, ALL-IN. Half the time he folds and the other half we waits and calls with (Jc,Ah) Why would he have check a made flush on the turn? Especially after you called his min bet on the flop? I know 25nl players are crazy, but i doubt that he has plans for a double check raise. I think letting him draw to the flush on the turn for free is about as wrong as it gets. IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

You make some good points. Alot of player really love to get sneaky, but a double check-raise with a made flush does seem beyond belief. He was probably testing out his TP or overpair on the flop and since you didn't go away is probably in shut-down mode. Free card is no good and if happens to have A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K offsuit than he might pay you off here but not the river if he misses.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:01 PM

In my view, this is one of those times when you are protecting your stack and not protecting your hand. You're drawing dead too many times to want to build a pot where a value bet on the river puts all your money in. I don't think he's going to check/raise necessarily, but if we bet any reasonable amount here, we're committed to calling his river bet no matter what comes. If we bet $10 and he calls, he has around $7 behind in a $35 pot. We can't fold the river.

If we are going to bet, I think our only reasonable move is to shove. I don't think this is a bad line, just not one I would choose.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:20 PM

What was your plan when you called his turn bet? Get it AI as long as another heart doesn't come on the turn?

I think that is better than checking the turn. If he has something like AK/AQ/JJ with a heart he may call you here but not on the river. It is officially a large pot so I think you need to get it in here if you think his play is a draw. I would say his hand is mostly draws at this point since he wouldn't want to check that turn with a set.

I think you need a plan on the flop though.

Are you committed? Well, he may have AK/AQ(less likely) and be willing to get AI with a lone heart or he may have QQ/JJ. He will probably get AI with all of them and you have ok equity so I think you are committed as long as another heart doesn't come.

On a connected flop like this I would prefer a pot-sized bet on the flop. If he raises you at that point then you can go ahead and push here or get it in on the turn.