Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2007, 07:45 PM

Default Vegas Trip Report #1 Setting the Scene ( With Pics) (LOOOONNNG)

Event #1
Time: July 2006

Place: My friend Brian and Jenn’s wedding

So they got married, I got drunk, whatever. The story gets interesting when my wife and I get a call two days later wondering if we want to go out to dinner with them. Turns out the Honeymoon has to be cancelled because Jenn has some kind of unidentified pain in her side. Dinner turns into Honeymoon replanning, and that replanning takes them to Vegas over Presidents day. Then something odd happens. They invite us. Who wants to go on their honeymoon with this guy?

Thats my wife with me, she did want to go on a honeymoon with me.

This is Jenn showing the underwear she had gotten for the trip.

This is my reaction to Jenn's underwear.

Anyways, we’re kinda tight on cash so we say we will think about it.

Event #2
Time Evening September 7th 2006

Place: My basement

Well some crazy sports book has allowed for a freeroll for 1K on the Pittsburgh Steelers this evening. I have extra action because I lent my brother the 1.1K to make the bet on his account in exchange for half his action (at this time he had 23 dollars in his checking account). Things aren’t looking great until my beloved Joey Porter returns an INT for a TD to cover the spread and mint myself and my wife round trip plane tickets and 4 nights at Treasure Island. This exciting development minted my brother a visit from the lean mean Ithaca NY Police Department. This is not a joke. He screamed so loud his neighbor made a domestic violence report because she assumed someone was being hurt. This is him making a sales pitch for what he thinks the next line of Keystome light ads should be like.

Event #3
Time: Soon after Pitt Win

Place: My living room (which is not nearly as cool as my basement, not to say my basement is really cool. Wives often say that basements can be a Man’s place, but they lie.)

Planning for the trip begins between Brian and Jenn (for the rest of the post they will be known as Brenn) and us.
In addition, Paul is here. Paul is a little older and has some health concerns. We invite him, but who goes on vacation with a couple on their honeymoon? Well, besides us.

Well, long story short (and by long story I mean he said he wanted to go) he’s going.

Event # 4

Time: Late at night

Place: New Orleans Themed Bar

Brenn and Us are out drinking with our other friends Paul (different Paul) and Kristin (from now on will be called Pristin). And Vegas comes up. The ristin part of Pristin wants to go, the P part does not want to take the time off from work. Well, more drinking then commences.

This is us drinking.

Then beads are put on the table, then girls are grabbing at beads, then we are outside the bar, and things are starting to get fuzzy, but it kinda looks like the girls are lining up in front of the guys and then it kinda sounds like the risten part of Pristin is saying, “you promise that if we all do this then we can go to Vegas?” and the P part of Pristin is saying “Yes” Then it DEFINITELY looks like my wife is showing her boobs to us, then my head pivots and it’s DEFINITELY two other sets of boobs that I am not familiar with. We now have seven people going to Vegas.

Us waiting for boobs.

Event #5
Time: during work hours soon after my hang over clears.
Place: some office where I do not work.

I wasn’t there for this, but I like to think this is how it went down.

Paul of Pristin fame walks into his boss’s office.

“Boss, I’m gonna have to take some of my vacation time that I have not used in the last three years”
“Well Paul (I doubt his boss calls him “the P part of Pristin”) you can definitely do that, but I am gonna have to put other people on your current projects, and you’ve been here long enough to know what can happen when this kind of situation arises.”
“Ya boss, I know, but you see, I kinda made a deal with my wife…………”
“…….. Well, You care to share…. Your job may be on the line here……”
“ Well, I had some beer, then some gin, then some more beers, and then I told my wife if her and two of her friends showed me their [censored] I would take her to Vegas.”

25 second pause

“Paul, I hope you get a good divorce lawyer, as I know you love your kids”
“Well here is the thing, they did it.”

Another 25 second pause

“I guess you need to take some vacation time.”

That is where we stand. We leave Sunday morning at some ungodly hour like -2AM and get to Vegas 10:30AM Vegas time. However since we fly from Syracuse to Cincinnati to Vegas it’ll be a miracle if all the snow in the northeast doesn’t delay us somewhere.

Things I know we will be doing:

Sunday night we will be seeing Zumanity, and Monday night will be seeing LOVE.
There is also some talk of seeing the Pusstcat Dolls, and having one obscenely expensive dinner. There is also an exhibit at the Tropicana (I think) with real human bodies that have been preserved so you can see all the ligaments and muscles and such, and I believe we will be doing that during the day one of the days. We fly out at 10:30 PM on Thursday night.

As for myself, I will be playing some 1/2NL at the Venetian as I believe that is the closest card room that has a few games of 1/2NL spread at all times.
On Tuesday I would like to play in either the Caesar’s 130 or the Wynn 330 depending on how my previous 1/2 NL sessions go. I will also be betting a number of college basketball games, and teaching the group how to play craps.

Is it worth it to get some kind of players card for comps if I will be playing mostly poker (I will get a few 60 dollar single table sin at TI) and small stakes table games along with my sports betting? Also, is it possible to request some form of comp as I know my wife would love a message on Thursday morning before we fly out?

Anyways, I hope this was entertaining, and I hope my future posts aren’t about me making fun of myself because it’s Tuesday an I’m already BUSTO.
Ken

The seven of us.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:57 PM

Default Re: Vegas Trip Report #1 Setting the Scene ( With Pics) (LOOOONNNG)

nice story

the picture of you in the blue/white striped collared shirt is not flattering

otherwise, I would read again
Old 02-16-2007, 07:58 PM

F-. No pictures of boobs.

Just kidding, nice report. I enjoyed reading it, and the look on your face in the picture where you see her underwear is hilarious.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:59 PM

I'm slightly skeptical, as you are all bringing your wives on a trip to Vegas. Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to TR #2.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
F-. No pictures of boobs.

Just kidding, nice report. I enjoyed reading it, and the look on your face in the picture where you see her underwear is hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-16-2007, 08:21 PM

that mansion-pitt $1k night was very awesome indeed.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nice story

the picture of you in the blue/white striped collared shirt is not flattering

otherwise, I would read again

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Your head looks very symmetrical. If the current job falls through you could always get a job as a model for people who draw stick men.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:45 PM

why do all the goofy-looking guys on this site have hot wives?

...and where's mine?
Old 02-16-2007, 08:54 PM

i thought it was a crappy trip report. i will definitely not be reading any subsequent parts.

and no, it isnt worth it to get the players cards if you are going to be playing poker or sports betting. they give you like a dollar an hour most places for playing poker.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:46 PM

Definately a different kind of trip report from the usual. The post-trip installment should be interesting.