Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2007, 06:24 PM

Default Re: Mom flips off another driver while driving, guy makes passive threats.

[ QUOTE ]
The put his car in reverse with no sign or anything and backed up.

[/ QUOTE ]

you know what would be a cool idea? if there were lights on the back of your car that would indicate you were in reverse. but youre right. that guy is a jerk for putting his car in reverse and backing up without a sign. i usually hold a sign with a big "R" on it out the window when im about to back up.

but seriously OP, quit acting so indignant. you dont have a free pass to flip off whomever you want. quit acting like you can do it with no recourse and like its the person getting flipped off's responsibility to "get over it." people get shot for flipping people off in the car. you guys arent rulers of the world and arbiters of all traffic morality in your fancy suv. if you tell someone you dont know "[censored] you," which is what the finger means, that person might take offense and come after you.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:29 PM

Default Re: Mom flips off another driver while driving, guy makes passive thre

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you know what would be a cool idea? if there were lights on the back of your car that would indicate you were in reverse. but youre right. that guy is a jerk for putting his car in reverse and backing up without a sign. i usually hold a sign with a big "R" on it out the window when im about to back up.

but seriously OP, quit acting so indignant. you dont have a free pass to flip off whomever you want. quit acting like you can do it with no recourse and like its the person getting flipped off's responsibility to "get over it." people get shot for flipping people off in the car. you guys arent rulers of the world and arbiters of all traffic morality in your fancy suv. if you tell someone you dont know "[censored] you," which is what the finger means, that person might take offense and come after you.

[/ QUOTE ]

My retard beating arm is getting very very tired... just please give him the 3rd *
Old 02-11-2007, 06:34 PM

Default Re: Mom flips off another driver while driving, guy makes passive threats.

[ QUOTE ]
He nodded. He then told me to have a nice day with a dickish smile and gave a crappy salute to me as he drove off.

Now the thing is, this man drove a honda civic red hatchback that had a bad exhaust, and ugly cheap looking black rims. If he was important I would imagine he drove a nicer car. I feel like if he was a criminal, we would have got into some sort of physical altercation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd bet money this guy was an off-duty cop. Seems reasonable given the description and the calm superior demeanor.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet money this guy was an off-duty cop. Seems reasonable given the description and the calm superior demeanor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good observation. Also given he says "you don't know who you're [censored] with" makes it seem more reasonable.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Moral of the story: Sometimes when you act like a douchebag in your big ol' blazer, you run into a beat up car that doesn't even have nice rims, and it has an even bigger douchebag in it.

So if you are going to act all douchy, be ready to deal with bigger douches.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

I suspect this guy was all talk anyway-some other person will have pissed him off by now and he'll have totally have forgotten about your mum.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now that I've added one more complete retard to my ignore list my day is complete.

[/ QUOTE ]
Making a big public show about putting someone on ignore is always douchier than whatever the other person did and is often a sign that the ignorer sucks worse.

This thread is pretty awful - a couple of grown-ups did stupid, immature things and a simple conflict is blown out of proportion. It makes me wonder how OP's mom and Honda Civic bad-rim-having-guy deal with real crises - like when your DVR doesn't record your favorite show, or who gets the last slice of pizza.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Now that I've added one more complete retard to my ignore list my day is complete.

[/ QUOTE ]
Making a big public show about putting someone on ignore is always douchier than whatever the other person did and is often a sign that the ignorer sucks worse.

This thread is pretty awful - a couple of grown-ups did stupid, immature things and a simple conflict is blown out of proportion. It makes me wonder how OP's mom and Honda Civic bad-rim-having-guy deal with real crises - like when your DVR doesn't record your favorite show, or who gets the last slice of pizza.

[/ QUOTE ]

*** You are ignoring this user ***
Old 02-11-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-11-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

*** You are ignoring this user ***

[/ QUOTE ]
You didn't put me on ignore - I can still send you PMs. Try harder plz.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Big public show is pushing it, one line at the end of my post. IMO nothing wrong with smacking down some1 who calls me an idiot for no reason, then thinks I should ignore it when he is saying its standard to confront people.

Yes, I did and will continue to ignore him. The reason I mentioned it was to stop the constant back and forth and let him know I'm done. Thanks for keeping it going, now lets not hijack this thread huh.