Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2007, 08:39 PM

Default Re: Phil on Poker After Dark...

He issued an apology in his latest Card Player magazine article, if that matters.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:18 AM

he is a terrible player, no idea why he still thinks he is good, everyone just pushes this donkey around
Old 02-11-2007, 01:31 AM

he apologizes after he gets run over by everyone, he'll be broke once he doesnt have sponsors
Old 02-11-2007, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he apologizes after he gets run over by everyone, he'll be broke once he doesnt have sponsors

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil is loaded to the gills. He could make millions without poker.
Old 02-11-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he is a terrible player, no idea why he still thinks he is good, everyone just pushes this donkey around

[/ QUOTE ]10 bracelets doesnt count for [censored] I guess.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:12 PM

i love watching helmuth. hes so full of himself and he always loses. its so satisfying.

i thought it was great when phil tells everyone to shut up because he needs to think, and then everyone gets quiet, so he starts thinking out loud. then huck says, "everyone be quiet so i can talk." that put him over the edge. huck is a genious and its a shame he didnt win.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:15 PM

I posted this in the Week 5 thread, but maybe it's more appropriate here than in the religion discussion over there...

[ QUOTE ]
Could Hellmuth be using PAD as cheap (to him) advertising? The donking around with trash hands, the "I'm so unlucky" whining, the "I'm trapping to reel you in later" speeches, the playing like him being Phil Hellmuth should strike fear in their hearts...is it all some brilliant set-up of the donks and amateurs he expects to run into at the WSOP?

$20K that's probably not coming out of his pocket anyway could look to him like a reasonable price to have fish coming at him thinking "Oh, Hellmuth, I saw him on TV, he can't play for [censored]" when he goes back to squeaky tight and pummels them with big hand after big hand.

Probably not worthwhile, since I suspect fish already come after him plenty just because they want to see his head explode, but a possible explanation. He's a better player than he's showing on PAD, and he's not stupid enough to think the "I'm Phil Hellmuth, bow down before me" shtick carries any weight with these opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-11-2007, 10:05 PM

When any of you win as money WSOP as he has or as much tournament money as he has then I think you can be talking. Until then.................
Old 02-11-2007, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When any of you win as money WSOP as he has or as much tournament money as he has then I think you can be talking. Until then.................

[/ QUOTE ]

Until then.......we can continue talking. It doesn't matter how many WSOP rings he has he made a fool of himself on PAD and played like a donk. Even the other pros believe that. Let me know when Phil, Doyle and Daniel aren't begging him to play daily in the Big Game and then I'll concede that he's as great as he thinks he is. Until then........we'll continue to talk.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:41 PM

Yes, his behavior is sometimes out of control, but he is still great at his game. And for that he deserves the respect.

May I ask which wsop event did you win your first ring for?