Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2006, 10:14 AM

Default Re: NL$100, KK postflop

Thread this weak flop bet like a check, even passive villains pull this off with basically any two cards when facing the right situation. So raise the flop, if he pushes its an easy fold against this villain. If he calls and leads turn its probably also a fold, and if he checks the turn I'd probably bet again to get value from draws/1p type of hands (I presume he bets the turn with 2p).
Old 11-28-2006, 10:17 AM

This looks a lot like JJ/TT to me, as I think JT is probably not in his range (8% PFR). Probably hopes to induce a raise on the flop and then keeps on value betting when you just call.

Given the draw heavy board and his low bet, you have to raise the flop here and probably fold to a 3-bet as you have the read that he is rather passive with draws.

But when your calling flop and turn, u have to call the river as that 6 is only improving your hand and still a lot of draws missed and he might even have AJ/QQ/JT.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:46 AM

I would raise flop, but I think you will see a set alot here, b/c he raised utg then called your 3-bet and then led out into you with a weak bet, which to me looks like a b/3b-allin line. Also he definately started betting alot higher on turn and river after you just called the flop after 3-betting pf. As played I would have a tough time folding the river, b/c I have an overpair and I make bad river calls