Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

View Poll Results: OP's Buddy is a
Wimp 37 36.27%
Moran 40 39.22%
Jerk 25 24.51%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-01-2007, 07:57 PM

Default Re: Official NBA Season Thread

Nash is very underrated defensively in that people think he's the equivelent of a 5-year-old boy.

Kobe is an excellent 1-on-1 defender. I'm pretty sure the skills are what we are talking about here. No one has the energy to play shut-down defense AND be the primary scoring option for the full 48 mins. I'm not saying thats the only reason he's lazy, but you get the idea.

I think one problem with Kobe/Arenas is they are such good shooters that they rely on it much more than they should. LBJ and Wade seem to settle much less because they arent very good shooters. Jordan was pretty similar, he was a pretty bad 3-point/pure shooter for a while.

Right now I'd take Kobe for any one game/series and LBJ for an entire season. I'm not going to knock LBJ at all because he was incredible during last years playoffs, but I can't see a Kobe led team ever getting swept.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kobe is pretty good prospect. Projects to a smaller, less physical, less efficient LeBron James IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

You Kobe haters need to realize that LBJ isnt even close to him on the defensive end of the floor, and doesnt look like he ever will be. He still has a slight edge on him scoring-wise as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. kobe has been coasting on his rep for years. he isn't nearly as good on d as people make him out to be (though he can still be v good when he's trying).

2. you realize that lebron is a superior rebounder and passer right?

3. lebron is only 22 and can still get better. kobe likely can't play any better than he has already shown.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i know all of those things, i was just pointing out defense because kc left it out when comparing the 2

and yes, lebron is a lot younger, has a higher ceiling and will almost certainly have a better career if he stays healthy
Old 12-01-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No one has the energy to play shut-down defense AND be the primary scoring option for the full 48 mins.

[/ QUOTE ]

One guy did. Kobe keeps getting compared to him, and it's a joke.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:02 PM

Why oh why do the Nets always run isols for Carter in these late game last shot situations?