Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2007, 07:48 PM

Default Re: Countdown

NL - 2/5, 5/10, 10/20?
limit - 10/20, 20/40, 100/200?
Supposedly some 5/10 or 25/50 PLO was somewhere in there
Saw some Chinese going on

There's a walled off section of 5 tables in the middle of the cash area that had a couple green/black chip games going yesterday.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:02 PM

Sounds like same CRUD as last year.
Cash games we have them, BUT NO DEALERS.
The "B" will do just fine AGAIN.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
NL - 2/5, 5/10, 10/20?
limit - 10/20, 20/40, 100/200?
Supposedly some 5/10 or 25/50 PLO was somewhere in there
Saw some Chinese going on

There's a walled off section of 5 tables in the middle of the cash area that had a couple green/black chip games going yesterday.

[/ QUOTE ]

They ran 50/100 and 30/60 limit as well. They were also open to starting new game formats by request, and quite a few such as stud 50/100 and 75/150 S8 ran.

And once again, the dealers were much better than I expected them to be!
Old 06-03-2007, 01:57 AM

What are the min and max buy-ins for the 2/5 NL game?

Also, can someone looking to play Stud 8 (either by itself, mixed with Stud or mixed with O8) around the 10/20 range find any games in LV during the Series?
Old 06-03-2007, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They were also open to starting new game formats by request, and quite a few such as stud 50/100 and 75/150 S8 ran.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone please to keep 75 stud 8 going for the next 2 weeks while I finish schoolings.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TT, what limits / games were going specifically?

Also, Stefan used to deal at Desert Diamond in Tucson when I lived there / played 3/6 and [censored]. I saw him last year at the WSOP when he dealt my 100/200 mix game. When he recognized me it was pretty hilarious, I could see all through his down he was thinking "how the hell is this kid playing with black chips now?" He is a very good dealer and really strange guy. And he's great to have in the game as well not sure if he still tries to play.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG wait is this a mid-40s guy, really gaunt and loud and hilarious and bit scary, short black hair, olive complexion, degree in writing? This sounds like an old friend of mine, actually the guy who taught me how to play, I know he moved to AC for a while.

TT confirm/deny?

--GA
Old 06-04-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also, Stefan used to deal at Desert Diamond in Tucson when I lived there / played 3/6 and [censored]. I saw him last year at the WSOP when he dealt my 100/200 mix game. When he recognized me it was pretty hilarious, I could see all through his down he was thinking "how the hell is this kid playing with black chips now?" He is a very good dealer and really strange guy. And he's great to have in the game as well not sure if he still tries to play.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG wait is this a mid-40s guy, really gaunt and loud and hilarious and bit scary, short black hair, olive complexion, degree in writing? This sounds like an old friend of mine, actually the guy who taught me how to play, I know he moved to AC for a while.

TT confirm/deny?

--GA

[/ QUOTE ]

he looks like a gay (just taking a stab in the dark here, no offence if Stefan is reading) rockabilly fan, a bit like Lyle Lovett, sides of his hair very very short but poofy on top.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

TT confirm/deny?

--GA

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say this is likely him given this description. Though I never ask my dealers what their degree is in. If I could find a way to ask that without it sounding insulting I would as its probably interesting. Same goes for my opponents.

-DeathDonkey
Old 06-05-2007, 03:44 AM

Funny experiance today, we had the second best dealer I have come across since the series started, she was a man. Yes... SHE was a man. Super fast, could pay attention with chatting up a storm. Made a funny comment about the tips being hers, but the [censored] weren't - hysterical - my first ever transsexual dealer.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Funny experiance today, we had the second best dealer I have come across since the series started, she was a man. Yes... SHE was a man. Super fast, could pay attention with chatting up a storm. Made a funny comment about the tips being hers, but the [censored] weren't - hysterical - my first ever transsexual dealer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't assume that personally [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]