Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Kitchen Nightmares (show on Fox)

[ QUOTE ]
bwana,

They have 'revisited' eps where he goes back 6 months later. A lot of the places aren't doing too great. A lot of the time they just ignore what he told them. Heh, idiots.

edit - ah, chicken mentioned the revisited ones already.

[/ QUOTE ]

ah, gotcha. perhaps that's why they mentioned they were out of biz after 5 months and so people wouldnt expect a 'revisited' episode.

overall, the show was pretty good although not good enough for me to watch again. i felt bad for the family running the restaurant which is mostly why i watched. although i'm embarrassed to admit i watched 'hell's kitchen' last season. was my guilty pleasure show last year.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:57 AM

I've seen all the Hell's Kitchens. Call me the "lowest common denominator" if you want, but I really dug the show. I know the emphasis of the show had little to do with the food and more to do with the characterizations, but what's the harm in liking that?
Old 10-11-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the american version really really really sucks. I watched last weeks, and he calls the restaurant manager fat, just to provoke him, no doubt the producers told him to do that, and it showed very little of what he does to get the restaurants back into shape. The version that they show on BBC america is about twenty times better, and actually teaches you some stuff in the process, and is pretty funny. You actually feel the fact that ramsey cares about what he is doing in that version, the american ver he just rips on people for the camera/producers.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's interesting. The American version, and the show he was on last year called "Hell's Kitchen", which was a sort "Survivor" knockoff with chefs, makes Ramsey look like a complete jerk, whose idea of management is just to swear at people and belittle them. Maybe in real life he actually does know how to manage people.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the american version really really really sucks. I watched last weeks, and he calls the restaurant manager fat, just to provoke him, no doubt the producers told him to do that, and it showed very little of what he does to get the restaurants back into shape. The version that they show on BBC america is about twenty times better, and actually teaches you some stuff in the process, and is pretty funny. You actually feel the fact that ramsey cares about what he is doing in that version, the american ver he just rips on people for the camera/producers.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's interesting. The American version, and the show he was on last year called "Hell's Kitchen", which was a sort "Survivor" knockoff with chefs, makes Ramsey look like a complete jerk, whose idea of management is just to swear at people and belittle them. Maybe in real life he actually does know how to manage people.

[/ QUOTE ]

He def 100%, unequivocally knows how to manage people, he is one of the best in the world at it as it regards to kitchens/restaurants. Fox really did a good job at not showing this.

Has anyone seen Jean Baptiste, the maitre d at ramsey's main restaurant? that guys is the slickest, coolest guy on tv.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He def 100%, unequivocally knows how to manage people, he is one of the best in the world at it as it regards to kitchens/restaurants. Fox really did a good job at not showing this.

Has anyone seen Jean Baptiste, the maitre d at ramsey's main restaurant? that guys is the slickest, coolest guy on tv.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, when I first saw HK 3 years, I'd thought the same thing - what a Douche Bag, prolly knows next to nothing. Then after googling him, saw the [censored] ton of restaurants he owns, watching the UK versions - he knows his [censored] - no contest about that.

I saw Baptiste in one of the UK episodes...but don't remember the restaurant name... -_- Jean Philipe is sly too, he encourages customers to go up to Gordon in the shows, then you-know-what happens...lolz.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jimm's point 3 is proven wrong in several of the 'revisited' episodes (which is just the same episode with a 5-10 minute segment at the end where he goes back a few months later to see everything is back to being [censored] usually)

yeti's points are dead on for every ep.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest I only really had two points, the third was filler.

I should have said:

3 The restaurant lives happily ever after / goes bust the next week
Old 10-13-2007, 06:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the english version is great, so many great episodes and situations. like the dog [censored] on the kitchen floor in one ep. or the head chef who couldn't cook anything - 'i can't believe you can't make a [censored] omelette!'

excellent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tim Gray @ Bonaparte's - absolute legend and at the time that episode set a record for the most "f**ks" on a UK television programme. Might still stand. It's unintentional comedy at it's very best.

"He's only gone and given me a rancid scallop."
Old 10-13-2007, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

"He's only gone and given me a rancid scallop."

[/ QUOTE ]

i am incapable of reading this line without laughing. that is how good this show is.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:43 PM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker

Gordon Ramsey has found the most amazing and lucrative outlets for his ego ever. He has put himself in a position where absolutely nobody he encounters can say [censored] to him because he's basically their god.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:59 AM

i love both the uk version and us version of this show... although it has made me a little queezy about eating out again