Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 12:14 AM

Default Kitchen Nightmares (show on Fox)

Anyone watching this? The premise is that Chef Gordon Ramsey infiltrates some shithole East Coast restaurant that is failing for one or a variety of reasons. He observes the mayhem, the grossness, and the incompetence, then he rips everyone involved a new [censored] and spends the next week trying to reform the restaurant. Many outbursts and confrontations ensue. It's quite entertaining-yet-depressing to see inside these horror-show restaurants and pretty gratifying to see Ramsey in action, criticizing and dissecting every problem along the way.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:19 AM

Default Re: Kitchen Nightmares (show on Fox)

the american version really really really sucks. I watched last weeks, and he calls the restaurant manager fat, just to provoke him, no doubt the producers told him to do that, and it showed very little of what he does to get the restaurants back into shape. The version that they show on BBC america is about twenty times better, and actually teaches you some stuff in the process, and is pretty funny. You actually feel the fact that ramsey cares about what he is doing in that version, the american ver he just rips on people for the camera/producers.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:21 AM

Find the UK version, it's alot better than this Drama crap. He actually shows/teaches about running a restaurant.

Watch the US version if you just want to watch him rip into people. (Which is still highly entertaining).

Watch the UK version for actual problems and solutions. Gordon himself narrates each episode, you won't be disappointed!

Then watch Boiling Point, a documentary style show, of him running his own Michelin Starred restaurant and you'll realize, he's really that hardcore and passionate.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:21 AM

Does it go by the same name? My DVR doesn't have a listing for any show by that name on BBC-A, so it seems I'm stuck with this version for the time being.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does it go by the same name? My DVR doesn't have a listing for any show by that name on BBC-A, so it seems I'm stuck with this version for the time being.

[/ QUOTE ]

BBC-A - Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares

airs on thursday nights usually, and re-runs are on all the time.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just search it on you tube or other tv links if you don't have it on cable. However, it's usually titled under the episode name (which is the restaurant he's fixing up) so you can just google the episode list and search it from there.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:26 AM

its on everyday at 5pm on bbcamerica, he really puts all he can into the restaurant
Old 10-11-2007, 12:28 AM

Found it, thanks. Will check out the original version.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:05 AM

Im watching the show that was on tonight right now, its not as bad as the last episode was, its a little more like the bbc version. I want to punch both the guys in the kitchen.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:37 AM

I like both the UK and US versions in their own ways. The US version is more dramatic and less about the food, but it's a stretch to say it tells nothing about the food. I'm also a fan of Ramsay ripping into people [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]