Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 10:18 PM

Default Re: Heroes Bitching Thread, 10/8/2007

Yugo,

"Will you be watching next week? What will it take for you to actually quit it?"

Yeah, of course I'll be watching next week. Man, I don't know if I can ever stop.

I am so pissed about this. I actually quit early last season because I could tell how bad the writing was and how stupid it was getting even though I love the fundamental premise of this type of thing. Then it started getting really popular and everyone was talking about it, but I was content to be done with it. And then NBC put on that goddamn mid-season marathon that sucked me back in.

I feel like I started some horribly written never-ending Grisham novel that I can't put down. At this point, I'm just hoping I snap at some point due to an episode being so incredibly bad I just can't take it anymore. Getting closer.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:07 PM

this episode was just really boring.

Peter fighting was lame, Claire flying was lame, the Hiro scenes were laim, it was all just laim. not dumb like the previous episodes, just boring.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:02 AM

So I never saw Heroes until today (was overseas during S1) so didn't have a chance. My bro explained to me about the show, it's story, characters etc - then ofcourse I had the typical reaction - Oh geeze, wonder when Marvel's going to call them up.

Basing on just this week's episode, it was a hella boring, in terms of action, for a Super Heroes series.

Ending was very neat - even asked my bro a ton of questions about the origin/painter of the paintings.

Not even going to bother with the powers - nothing innovative or original there - which is probably hard too.

But the main question is WHERE IS THE ACTION YO? I mean they even cut out the 90 Hungry Samurai fight...sigh.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, isn't Peter's necklace the same one the Haitiian used to have?

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew I recognized that necklace from somewhere. I do believe you are correct, sir.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yugo,

"Will you be watching next week? What will it take for you to actually quit it?"

Yeah, of course I'll be watching next week. Man, I don't know if I can ever stop.

I am so pissed about this. I actually quit early last season because I could tell how bad the writing was and how stupid it was getting even though I love the fundamental premise of this type of thing. Then it started getting really popular and everyone was talking about it, but I was content to be done with it. And then NBC put on that goddamn mid-season marathon that sucked me back in.

I feel like I started some horribly written never-ending Grisham novel that I can't put down. At this point, I'm just hoping I snap at some point due to an episode being so incredibly bad I just can't take it anymore. Getting closer.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how I feel about Smallville and I've been watching for 7 years now. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this episode was just really boring.

Peter fighting was lame, Claire flying was lame, the Hiro scenes were laim, it was all just laim. not dumb like the previous episodes, just boring.

[/ QUOTE ]

Claire being with any guy who isn't me is lame.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yugo,

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how it feels like to be a fan of superhero comics. Welcome to a world I am so glad that I escaped.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually quit early last season because I could tell how bad the writing was and how stupid it was getting even though I love the fundamental premise of this type of thing. Then it started getting really popular and everyone was talking about it, but I was content to be done with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The writing is my main problem with this show too. And here is why: Tim Kring is the guy who brought you such shows as Providence, Crossing Jordan, and wrote screen plays such as Teen Wolf Too.

We have a TV show that can kick all sorts of ass if it was in the hands of people who knew how to write a good action show with bits of drama, instead of a dramatic writer trying to write an action show.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is something that alot of writers/producers don't seem to understand.

If you have a hot girl in a TV series don't get her romantically involved with some pretty-boy douche bag. It turns guys off because we want the fantasy that she is available.

Note: If you are doing a lame chick show like Grey's Anatomy then it's ok.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is something that alot of writers/producers don't seem to understand.

If you have a hot girl in a TV series don't get her romantically involved with some pretty-boy douche bag. It turns guys off because we want the fantasy that she is available.

Note: If you are doing a lame chick show like Grey's Anatomy then it's ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

it is possible that they understand they already have a product that geek boys will like, and they are trying to appeal to young women.