Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 11:22 PM

Default Just got my account deactivated at UB

So after a year of hiatus on Internet Poker (playing seriously anyway), decided to sign with UB for RB. After 48 hours, they decided to deactivate my account cause I failed security check. (Must be something new? Never had this problem with Full Tilt, PS and PP - kinda pissed me off a bit.)

So now they're asking for a copy of my Credit Card (back and front, among other stuff) and that's a problem - I destroyed my CC. I only use my CC for internet purposes (such as subscriptions or World of Warcraft, gaming, etc) and never needed it in the physical world - besides, would suck to have it stolen and stuff. I still have the monthly statements sent to me.

1) Would this be a legitimate reason in their eyes (or yours) of me not being able to provide a copy of the CC?

2) And if they deny this reason, and my account remains deactivated, would I be able to get refund on my money or at least my initial deposit?

I already wrote an email back to them concerning this issue, just wanted to know the community's thoughts on this.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:41 PM

Default Re: Just got my account deactivated at UB

You are able to get another card from your company. You will probably have to provide some sort of proof of ownership of the card. You don't get a free pass because you only use your CC for World of Warcraft... What did you expect to have happen here?
Old 07-31-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are able to get another card from your company. You will probably have to provide some sort of proof of ownership of the card. You don't get a free pass because you only use your CC for World of Warcraft... What did you expect to have happen here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I can order another card, that's kinda not the point though.

I've let them know that I can send them a copy of my monthly statements of my CC, and hope that's enough.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:55 PM

I destroyed my CC

Yeah right. What's the real story?
Old 07-31-2007, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know I can order another card, that's kinda not the point though.

[/ QUOTE ]
It may not be your point, but it is mine.

I guess your point is... that UB should clearly have a special rule in place for people who choose to destroy their credit cards.

I've got to tell you, I like my point better.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:25 AM

Just tell them that World of Warcraft will vouch for you. That should be good enough for them.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:35 AM

OP you are gonna have to order a new card if you deposited with it and they are requesting it. It is in their T&Cs that they can request that info. If you can't get this or are refusing to get them this then either you aren't telling us the whole story or you have already said goodbye to the money in the UB account.

EDIT: No you will not get your initial deposit back. Nor should you get it back without providing said info. This is to protect themselves from chargebacks, plain and simple.

-Brendan
Old 08-01-2007, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I destroyed my CC

Yeah right. What's the real story?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol who destroys their CC , your obv bs'ing
Old 08-01-2007, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) Would this be a legitimate reason in their eyes (or yours) of me not being able to provide a copy of the CC?

2) And if they deny this reason, and my account remains deactivated, would I be able to get refund on my money or at least my initial deposit?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) No. They will assume that you have stolen the cardnumber.

2) No. They will not return your money, they will contact the police, due to 1).

So get out of X town as fast as you can, they are already on the way to arrest you.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2007, 08:39 AM

Alrighty, thanks guys. Guess I'll just order a replacement, wait a few days, then destroy it again. :P