Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 10:15 AM

Default 25NL - KK with AA on the board

Villain is 39/2/1 over 57 hands.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $44.95
BB: $25.80
Hero (UTG): $32.95
CO: $15.75
BTN: $21.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $1.00, SB calls $0.90, BB folds

Flop: ($3.25) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.25</font>, BTN calls $2.25, SB folds

Turn: ($7.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.50</font>, BTN calls $3.50

River: ($14.75) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero...?

My turn bet is small because this is clearly a WA/WB spot. I want to bet small enough so that he'll call with a T, but not so small that I don't get value out of my KK. The river changes nothing, but he's been calling down to this point. Is there value in betting the river? This guy seems pretty passive, so I'm not really sure.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:20 AM

Default Re: 25NL - KK with AA on the board

why are you betting this flop? an A or TT is always calling and almost every other hand that you beat is folding. that is not a good spot. you are much morelikely to lose the minimum/pick up value from the hand by checking this flop and deciding waht to do on the turn and river.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:23 AM

You really don't think someone this loose/passive would call this flop with a hand like QT/JT, or a small/med. PP like 77 or 99? If I'm a fish/donk, I probably expect trip A's to not bet the flop. In spots like this, I feel like flop bets leave the fish thinking "he wouldn't bet with ace." I don't know why, I always think fishy donks slowplay this flop, so they expect others to do the same.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In spots like this, I feel like flop bets leave the fish thinking "he wouldn't bet with ace." I don't know why, I always think fishy donks slowplay this flop, so they expect others to do the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was kind of thinking the same thing here, read dependent of course. The problem with this situation is it's multiway so I wouldn't use that thought process here. I probably would have checked the turn, evaluate, then b/f river. As played I guess I would check.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why are you betting this flop? an A or TT is always calling and almost every other hand that you beat is folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong. They call with all kinds of pocket pairs.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why are you betting this flop? an A or TT is always calling and almost every other hand that you beat is folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even so, this makes the rest of the hand a bitch to play being OOP against a loose villain. If the flop checks through I'll bet the turn. If button calls I might make a small VB on the river.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even so, this makes the rest of the hand a bitch to play being OOP against a loose villain. If the flop checks through I'll bet the turn. If button calls I might make a small VB on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

The flop might check through regardless of if someone is holding the Ace or not. Especially in multi way pots at these limits, if someone hits their trips, they love to slowplay that [censored] hoping someone caught the other card.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:28 PM

flop bet is fine.

turn is fine too, although I kinda like a c/c turn block river line. I'm pretty sure you never get raised by a worse hand. If the turn checks through bet river for value, fold to a raise.