Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: I have a straight flush....but what am I beating??

Soss,

I have nothing to add that has not already been said but... well played, well played.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Soss,

Just curious. If old nit was about to muck, you ask him to show, and he offers to show for 10% of your action would you agree?

[/ QUOTE ]

hell no...if he didn't show, it would be because he didn't have it. Besides, I think it's unethical to trade % midtourney.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:20 PM

Soss- you posted results way too early in this thread. I was building up the cincy kid ending with everyone standing around guessing whether or not the man has the Jack....

nice ld.

It would take all I had but if I'm the one shoving with the Jack I play with my cards, take my chips, and slowly slide them to the muck, face down.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:39 PM

Oooohhh I had feeling he's got the Jack...I've been watching...
Old 03-23-2007, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The river's great, but I think you really messed up flop + turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obv the river is the most interesting, but I was thinking about the flop and turn, too.

What do you think would have been better?

[/ QUOTE ]

well this thread has taken off into a bunch of really stupid directions, but aside from that, you picked the worst overall line. you can bet the flop, you can CR it, you can c/c, bet, but this line is lousy and you got the least in with the nuts vs. a hand that was basically gonna stack off on every street. even if he bet the turn, your line's the #1 way to get him to fold when he shouldn't even be thinking of folding. bet your hand somewhere.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obv the river is the most interesting, but I was thinking about the flop and turn, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

well this thread has taken off into a bunch of really stupid directions, but aside from that, you picked the worst overall line. you can bet the flop, you can CR it, you can c/c, bet, but this line is lousy and you got the least in with the nuts vs. a hand that was basically gonna stack off on every street. even if he bet the turn, your line's the #1 way to get him to fold when he shouldn't even be thinking of folding. bet your hand somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

couldn't agree anymore. the c/c, c/c or c/c, c/r might be good against an aggro thinking player who will put you on a weak hand or semi-bluff respectively, but vs. a nitty old man type i would get some more money in the pot asap. i think c/r flop is definitely decent considering he bet into 4 other players and his hand rates to be very strong, as well as not letting any potential scare cards roll off to hurt his hand and kill ur action. but if u think a c/c turn lead looks weaker than a flop c/r in this mans perspective then by all means c/c flop and lead turn for like 3/5 pot.

i also think leading flop is totally viable but in most cases it works better vs. total calling stations who aren't thinking and just playing their hands for their own value(not sure how the play was at this table) because vs. thinking players unless they've seen you lead this flop as a bluff/semi-bluff, when you lead into 4 other players after limp-calling pf, unless they think you are a bad or v over-aggro player i think they are folding very often. these are just general thoughts though, and with a bad image a lead here is certainly very acceptable.

i was going to comment on the river fold being relatively easy but didn't feel like getting flamed by a bunch of ppl just saying 'zomg i'd like to see u fold a straight flush!', but LFTV covered it perfectly.i also think the river bet is damn near mandatory, though after c/c'ing flop our hand looks like a draw. still doesn't discount us turning a pair into a bluff or something.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, you are prob right.

I like the C/C on the flop after everyone folds. I don't like leading the flop because I think it shuts out the other 3 people too much when he raises an overpair. I was going to checkraise if there was a caller, then checkcall if it was heads up. Either way, I should have led the turn a decent amount.