Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2007, 12:09 PM

Default Re: I have a straight flush....but what am I beating??

[ QUOTE ]

He asks me if I have the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]..I stay silent, and finally he says "you no have Ace of heart, I'm all in".

[/ QUOTE ]

He says, he can beat Ah. I doubt someone would pull such a 3rd lvl inverted tell to make a stranger lay down Ah.

This would be an awesome laydown and you had all my respect if you made it, regardless of the results.

I don´t understand, why "follow your reads" only applies if you have a worse hand than a fullhouse. But above people always advice: "You´re probably beat, but call though, your hand is sooo nice."

Nice post.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:35 PM

This speech just stinks of the J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I probably couldn't have laid it down, but well done if you did.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:36 PM

I tanked for quite a while going over it in my head. I don't think I've ever tossed a boat, much less a straight flush, but I thought it was the right move here.

Given the speach and the all in, and the fact that I played my hand exactly like the Ah, I thought that I had to fold. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't making some stupid laydown by outthinking myself.

So I folded and he flashed the Jh.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tanked for quite a while going over it in my head. I don't think I've ever tossed a boat, much less a straight flush, but I thought it was the right move here.

Given the speach and the all in, and the fact that I played my hand exactly like the Ah, I thought that I had to fold. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't making some stupid laydown by outthinking myself.

So I folded and he flashed the Jh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, you're awesome. I agree with everything on your read, but I really really don't think I could make myself lay it down.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:40 PM

This is for sure a fold. His speech and everything means this is an instafold. He fore sure has the Jh here.

BTW note to everyone if the board was

Th 6h 5h 3h kd hero bets river with Kh Kx villain shoves. Everyone would say insta fold. These hands are the same the only difference is in this one people are saying ZOMG!!! you can't fold a straight flush.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don´t understand, why "follow your reads" only applies if you have a worse hand than a fullhouse. But above people always advice: "You´re probably beat, but call though, your hand is sooo nice."

[/ QUOTE ]

One day I'll get to this spot

Did you show the six?

I guess online this gets called 100% of the time ... the live read was huge.

Nice one
Old 03-23-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One day I'll get to this spot

Did you show the six?

I guess online this gets called 100% of the time ... the live read was huge.

Nice one

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, online it's a call all day long.

the speach really sealed it for me.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is for sure a fold. His speech and everything means this is an instafold. He fore sure has the Jh here.

Th 6h 5h 3h kd hero bets river with Kh Kx villain shoves. Everyone would say insta fold. These hands are the same the only difference is in this one people are saying ZOMG!!! you can't fold a straight flush.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree people can suck at reading the board. Since you have the Ah you need to fold, but if you had red 66 it is a lot closer, although still probably a fold because of his speech.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree people can suck at reading the board. Since you have the Ah you need to fold, but if you had red 66 it is a lot closer, although still probably a fold because of his speech.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not folding red 66, just because there's a very very plausible hand he can have, and people are much more likely to miss that the Ah is not the nuts. Here, he is giving "the nuts" speech, which he would only do with the 6h, Jh, or Ah. Since you have 2 of the 3, it's obv what he has.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not folding red 66, just because there's a very very plausible hand he can have, and people are much more likely to miss that the Ah is not the nuts. Here, he is giving "the nuts" speech, which he would only do with the 6h, Jh, or Ah. Since you have 2 of the 3, it's obv what he has.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I was talking to a buddy of mine about it and he said that it's lucky that I didn't have the K6 of hearts because I probably play it the exact same way and I have to instacall his push.