Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 10:25 AM

Default 50NL donk bet in 3-bet pot

vs. unknown

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($51.60)
Hero ($48)
Button ($18.20)
SB ($18.30)
BB ($81.70)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls $4.

Flop: ($12.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $2.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero?
Old 11-21-2007, 10:29 AM

Default Re: 50NL donk bet in 3-bet pot

Im folding. I HATE folding because of that stupid little bet, but this is a 3 bet pot and something tells me this guy has a pocket pair from that move. Its either a set or some mid pair and I dont think hes folding to a flop raise. I used to just call that bet alot and see what happens on the turn but that hasnt had much success for me. I am pretty much expecting villain to make a psb on the turn once we flat his flop donk.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:24 AM

lol you can peel given his betsize
Old 11-21-2007, 11:28 AM

I dont play 50NL so take this with a grain (pound) of salt.

I notice this being a blocking bet many times. I see villian having A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] here very often. I have been raising this to $10-$12 and folding to any more resistance. Most of the time villian has been folding to my raise.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I notice this being a blocking bet many times. I see villian having A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] here very often.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he had AdJd he should 3-bet me all in.

I assumed it was some kind of feeler bet with TT/JJ or something but no one is probably "feeling" with overpairs at this level and are looking to stack off. I think a call is probably the best option. I wouldn't mind folding but we're getting like 6:1 and that's not a bad deal with AK high.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:38 AM

You can peel with those odds but the problem is if your 6 outs are clean or not.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:04 PM

In my experience at 50nl, this is usually a monster (set, overs and flush draw, etc.) rather than a blocking bet, its almost as if hes giving you odds to call. Without reads, I'm folding. Raising is alright but I don't like calling as I wouldn't feel overly comfortable with additional pressure on later streets even if I hit an A or K.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:17 PM

Folding here is usually the best move, although its always awful folding AK with a 3-bet missing the flop. because alot of the time they could be holding AQ, AJ. I dont like the idea of raising, as you are only going to get called or re raised with something better.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:10 PM

I think monster is def. poss. However, if he had 88 or 77, I would think he would be cking to the pf raiser and then ck raise or float the flop. And if he does have over pair, why bet so little, giving u prop odds to call unless he has pocket overpair / big ace w/ FD

My best guess is that he is trying to set the price on his draw plus overpair or big Ace w/ diamond draw. If you flat call here, I think you are letting him draw on the cheap here. Call not an option here for me R&gt;Fold
Old 11-21-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think monster is def. poss. However, if he had 88 or 77, I would think he would be cking to the pf raiser and then ck raise or float the flop. And if he does have over pair, why bet so little, giving u prop odds to call unless he has pocket overpair / big ace w/ FD

My best guess is that he is trying to set the price on his draw plus overpair or big Ace w/ diamond draw. If you flat call here, I think you are letting him draw on the cheap here. Call not an option here for me R&gt;Fold

[/ QUOTE ]