Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 06:10 AM

Default Re: Farha

[ QUOTE ]
Because he doesn't care. He's (presumably) loaded big time and loves to gamble.

Sort of like if you just launched some NL25 tables for old times sake and just spewed money everywhere and laughed.. oh wait.

[/ QUOTE ]

ehhhh that's kinda silly
15/30 is my reg game but I will sit in 4/8 or 6/12 sometimes while waiting. Sometimes I might even sit at 3/6 if the waitlist is superlong. I don't play looser or worse at all really. The only thing I do which is bad is I don't focus too much on my opponents.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure Farha's regarded as one of the best short handed PLO players in the world (Barry G mentions this on his site so it's not just hearsay).. holdem seems to be his weaker game from what I've seen, but that's what gets played on TV.. I've only seen him on HSP and he obviously seems to spew big time PF.. As mentioned I'm fairly confident that he plays up to the camera a ton and I don't think a few eps of HSP is enough to determine his caliber of play..

[/ QUOTE ]

dude he called 25 THOUSAND with K7o PF vs hellmuth. That was sooooo bad
Old 11-10-2007, 08:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yea WHERE DOES HE GET HIS MONEY?

[/ QUOTE ]
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...part=1&vc=1
Old 11-10-2007, 08:22 AM

i think becaues he plays like this he gets ALOT of tv time. Also its not that -ev, since he can use his crazy image in other games, and maybe later in HSP. Also since he normally plays bigger games and hes rich as hell.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:26 AM

Sam Farha seems to be advertising on the first season of HSP. He players that play in his game that aren't regulars to think they have a read on him, that he is really just an aggtard who doesn't have a clue. His style that he advertises is a great way to play shorthanded PLO, loose raising in position pf, calling with questionable hands etc. He is widely regarded as the best PLO player in the world, and some people think he doesn't understand basic NL and couldn't beat 1-2 online?

Think about how much money in EV he actually lost and how many times over that will be repaid to him in high limit mixed games that are centered around PLO and O8. He will probably get paid at least 5:1 on his play on HSP and probably has made millions taking advantage. Brilliant.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he's a reg at the high stakes black jack tables. this should be enough explanation..

[/ QUOTE ]unless he counts, which would be a headache to disguise at the stakes he prob plays at, black jack is easier to spew money at than poker.prob just swings like mad. HSP s1 he does quite well if you remember.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:20 AM

havent read anything of the thread
i hope someone said it before

he's probably the best SH PLO player
he plays FR NLHE like never
FR doesnt fit his aggressive play
he'd play SH NLHE pretty good i guess
he plays big bet poker, most players are not familiar with that kind of play, if that mixes up with his aggression in SH-play, it's swingy but most people will get thrown of their game
Old 11-10-2007, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Regardless of what you think of his game, you have to be grateful to Sammy for making poker what it is today. Same goes for Chris Moneymaker.

[/ QUOTE ]

People keep saying this. Why?

People still think it is remarkable that a non-pro won in 2003 even thought they made up 90% of the field? The poker boom was because of ESPN putting the WSOP (along with the WPT) on heavy rotation and broad band connections becoming popular. I think anybody could have won in 03 and the poker world would have been the same.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Because he doesn't care. He's (presumably) loaded big time and loves to gamble.

Sort of like if you just launched some NL25 tables for old times sake and just spewed money everywhere and laughed.. oh wait.

[/ QUOTE ]

ehhhh that's kinda silly
15/30 is my reg game but I will sit in 4/8 or 6/12 sometimes while waiting. Sometimes I might even sit at 3/6 if the waitlist is superlong. I don't play looser or worse at all really. The only thing I do which is bad is I don't focus too much on my opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just making a joke on OP's Loc.

Anyway it's great that you're able to play a variety of stakes and keep yourself motivated, but based on what I've seen and read you're an exception.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:17 AM

if it werent for sammy, we wouldnt be watching HSP, so give him credit for that

he has unlimited roll from his businesses, so he can play every hand if he wants