Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 10:06 PM

Default Re: LOL @ carbon poker

As the guy who wrote the blog post I confused as to how this has put you on tilt....

And sorry for the spelling mistake... I was blogging late that night.

Shane B
Media Manager
Carbon Poker
shane @ CarbonPoker.com
Old 11-08-2007, 10:44 PM

hello and goodbye op
go back to pocket fives or oot
Old 11-08-2007, 10:47 PM

please either never post again or if you decide to post again, please make it a video of you killing yourself.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:02 PM

i like people that post these sorts of things, just to read the ensuing hate filled posts.. so much fun.. rofl
Old 11-08-2007, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't get it, it's like a poker new yorker cartoon or something

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that would be a pig standing at a Complaints department saying "I wish my aces would stop getting cracked."
Old 11-08-2007, 11:43 PM

LOL

As if OP and Shane aren't the same guy. Someone posts a thread about a site, and then someone else appears (who registered the day before OP and his post) out of thin air after he just "happened" to see the thread
Old 11-09-2007, 12:03 AM

It's Eko
Old 11-09-2007, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL

As if OP and Shane aren't the same guy. Someone posts a thread about a site, and then someone else appears (who registered the day before OP and his post) out of thin air after he just "happened" to see the thread

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey I dont spend much time in forums but maybe an IP check would clear that up for you.

Ive just been given the task of answering any questions about our site/software... and one of the first threads I find is about my blog post! Seemed harsh.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As the guy who wrote the blog post I confused as to how this has put you on tilt....

Shane B
Media Manager
Carbon Poker
shane @ CarbonPoker.com

[/ QUOTE ]Shane, with all due respect, I would leave the poker analysis to someone else.

Did you also write this gem?
[ QUOTE ]
Poker.com Blog wrote:
The biggest hurdle in online poker as opposed to live poker is your inability to physically read your opponent. In a live game if a player was to check over to you in a hand, you would have a better chance of reading weather or not you actually were ahead here, of if they were setting a trap for you.

Thats the exact trap that rose55 laid on for ALLIIIN at a $2/$4 table yesterday. Preflop rose55(A-A) raised to $16 and ALLIIIN(Q-J) was the only caller, but on a Q-A-A rainbow flop rose55 checked the action over to ALLIIIN.

At this point it was tricky for ALLIIN, it would be easy to see the check as a sign that rose55 was on the straight draw. ALLIIN checked and the turn was a 7, and once again rose55 checked. That check surely screamed out "STRAIGHT DRAW" and so ALLIIN pushed hard and threw $48 at the pot, only to be called down by rose55. With a possible flush draw out there as well it wouldn't have been crazy to assume that rose had something like K-T or K-J all spades, and was happy to chase to the river. When the river came it was another 7, and another check from rose55 put the ball back in ALLIIN's court.

I have found myself in this position recently, and with every blank card to what you have put your opponent on you feel you are just one big bet away from taking the pot unopposed. ALLIIN clearly made a similar decision and pushed $142 into the pot. This was more than rose55 had at the table but with her quad aces she was happy to call.

And with a couple of sneaky checks rose55 had a nice little $328 pot and a $400 Floptober Fest bonus to boot!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-09-2007, 07:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Shane B
Media Manager
Carbon Poker
shane @ CarbonPoker.com

[/ QUOTE ]Shane, with all due respect, I would leave the poker analysis to someone else.

Did you also write this gem?
[ QUOTE ]
Poker.com Blog wrote:
The biggest hurdle in online poker as opposed to live poker is your inability to physically read your opponent. In a live game if a player was to check over to you in a hand, you would have a better chance of reading weather or not you actually were ahead here, of if they were setting a trap for you.

Thats the exact trap that rose55 laid on for ALLIIIN at a $2/$4 table yesterday. Preflop rose55(A-A) raised to $16 and ALLIIIN(Q-J) was the only caller, but on a Q-A-A rainbow flop rose55 checked the action over to ALLIIIN.

At this point it was tricky for ALLIIN, it would be easy to see the check as a sign that rose55 was on the straight draw. ALLIIN checked and the turn was a 7, and once again rose55 checked. That check surely screamed out "STRAIGHT DRAW" and so ALLIIN pushed hard and threw $48 at the pot, only to be called down by rose55. With a possible flush draw out there as well it wouldn't have been crazy to assume that rose had something like K-T or K-J all spades, and was happy to chase to the river. When the river came it was another 7, and another check from rose55 put the ball back in ALLIIN's court.

I have found myself in this position recently, and with every blank card to what you have put your opponent on you feel you are just one big bet away from taking the pot unopposed. ALLIIN clearly made a similar decision and pushed $142 into the pot. This was more than rose55 had at the table but with her quad aces she was happy to call.

And with a couple of sneaky checks rose55 had a nice little $328 pot and a $400 Floptober Fest bonus to boot!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

i don't know how these blog posts can put you on life tilt, the're amazing!