Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Poker After Dark thread (10/8 - Mega Match)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am friends with all of the other players, but Phil and I are closer so it's normal for us to needle each other. I thought people would appreciate seeing this side of Phil, so I intentionally engaged him.

All of us like Allen and he does occasionally play in the side games with us, but he is not the kind of person I would needle on national television. (And Melissa would track me down!)

I don't think I ignored anyone, but, remember, this is edited and they probably wanted to get as much Ivey banter as they could get.

If I were to apologize to the viewers, it would be for too much prop talk. I assumed most of that would have been edited out.

This was filmed when the golf disagreement was in its most intense phase, otherwise we wouldn't have kept bringing that up.

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

TV poker talk isn't all-needle all the time. Seems like you could talk to Allen without necessarily needling him. There are subtle social things that go on in public places. So you're friendly with Allen, but not friendly enough to talk to him, look at him, or acknowledge his existence?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did he mention it's edited?
Old 10-12-2007, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am friends with all of the other players, but Phil and I are closer so it's normal for us to needle each other. I thought people would appreciate seeing this side of Phil, so I intentionally engaged him.

All of us like Allen and he does occasionally play in the side games with us, but he is not the kind of person I would needle on national television. (And Melissa would track me down!)

I don't think I ignored anyone, but, remember, this is edited and they probably wanted to get as much Ivey banter as they could get.

If I were to apologize to the viewers, it would be for too much prop talk. I assumed most of that would have been edited out.

This was filmed when the golf disagreement was in its most intense phase, otherwise we wouldn't have kept bringing that up.

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

You were right! It was great to see that side of both of you. The thing I enjoy most about PAD is the more laid back approach they take. This week seeing you two go back and forth was a nice change of pace from what I normally see in other events.

That needle about not tipping the waitress had me rolling btw.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:26 AM

pretty surprising that with these three guys at the table Allen is running it over...i guess its the whole table image thing...anyway barry should be awarded the 300K just for that interview what it do
Old 10-13-2007, 02:46 AM

what it do bbv
Old 10-13-2007, 02:53 AM

Ivey when Jamie Gold shows up: "What's up pachabel?"
Old 10-13-2007, 03:03 AM

I love Allen.

no [censored]
Old 10-13-2007, 05:10 AM

Wow...I can't believe all the Barry G bashing going on here. I watched the shows without thinking twice about anything but Barry and Phil enjoying themselves at the table. Never once did I make this positive thing into a negative because of Eli or AC.

Besides, it's a poker table, not a sewing circle; noone is obligated to spread joy and laughter throughout the South Point. FFS, ppl, don't be so judgmental.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:54 AM

This has probably already been mentioned but can't they make this show have better hours for the players? A lot of them look like they've gotten 3 hours of sleep and end up playing [censored]. Also, prop bets? High Stakes remains the gold standard. I like to watch this game structure though and it's rad that they show every hand.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:10 AM

nice play by cunningham, got a bit lucky on the 2 all ins but he had the chips to gamble.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:11 AM

Don't change a thing. The show rocked.