Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 02:17 AM

Default Re: Poker Stars Regulars

Agree with the_main, to the point that Marc is a tough opponent. His M.O. seems to be to engage regulars more than most, and test them post-flop. I don't have enough hands with him to know for certain that he is simply outplaying me and others post-flop. But I suspect that is the case. Like with everyone else, this will reach a natural equilibrium and we shall see who wins in the adjustment battle.

Other comments - Most of the repeat posters in this thread are difficult opponents. Some to a greater degree than others - but the degree is generally correlated to how many tables you are playing. If player X is playing 4 tables vs. your 10 - he will probably be getting the best of you that session if the cards break even. You may make more than player X during that session though, if general game conditions allow it.

I would not be so quick to dismiss others play, as many are in this thread. Many factors can play into perceived bad play. There have been many players I initially dismissed as inadequate, who have proved to be winners, worthy opponents, and improve all the time.

If a player has been around for awhile, they probably know how to play well. The real test is how often they can play their best. I have failed that test many times in the past. Hopefully, I pass that one more often in the future.

As for what you all you think of me and my play.... I know what you think of my play by the way you play me. Most of you get the best of me. I am trying to learn from you, and anyone else I can learn from, and improve.

This is a young man's game, for reason. I am old by comparison. The more beats you take and the more you realize how much luck is involved - the more it frays the nerves of most.

I long for the fearless days of my introduction to this game. When I played as a hobby and happily 4-bet AKo in a NL game as the fourth player in. Locking horns with other good players and nits for a living over the past three years and 2 million hands, along with feasting on the weak play of many in the heyday of online poker, has chiseled away that sharp edge.

Those days are gone. I was slower to admit it than most all of you. I know this because most of you beat me into oblivion in March. I quit learning, quit improving, and waited for people to give me money. Those days are gone.

So I guess we will playing more pots.

Good luck (kind of).
Old 06-29-2007, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he is not a winning player ?

[/ QUOTE ]

He seems to have money, so he might be, but he's the worst player ever. He can cooler people and win money from worse players, but he's not good at all.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:25 AM

Very nice post, Karl.

I also think you are selling yourself short. You're a fine player.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:32 AM

Karl/Purdue,

Why don't either of you move up past $200 NL? Just the security of knowing you can beat up the game for a decent win rate without having to mess with very tough opposition? I'm sure you guys could beat higher limits.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:43 AM

Karl,

Good to have you here:

Plz post more
Old 06-29-2007, 02:50 AM

Good post Karl. You are definitely one of the better regs at NL200 IMO. Keep up the good work.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Karl/Purdue,

Why don't either of you move up past $200 NL? Just the security of knowing you can beat up the game for a decent win rate without having to mess with very tough opposition? I'm sure you guys could beat higher limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dabble in and play bigger at times. Had I concentrated on it, I could have moved up a long time ago. Instead, I partied, traveled, and spent as much money as I could. My bankroll stayed static. I regret it now. I lost big in March.

I have spent the past 3-4 months playing lower, trying to improve. And playing limit trying to reach SuperNova Elite.

I was a losing player over 92K hands at 200NL on Stars in March. It was devastating to me, as I had over 2 million hands there as a very solid winner. As much as I wanted to blame variance, I could not.

My losses were on me. The game changed, and I had not adjusted properly.

I hope to be more responsible in my personal life and grow my poker game.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:57 AM

anyone notice alot of new faces popping up at the tables lately?
Old 06-29-2007, 03:01 AM

Awesome post Karl.

Your respect for the game and your opponents, combined with an objective assesment of your own play, bodes well for you I think.

Consistently playing your A game or close to it,is huge.

The temptation can be to find something mechanical that works and hang on for dear life...that's usually the begining of the end.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:04 AM

hi karl.. i like ur avatar but mine is better
Closed Thread