Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2007, 05:59 PM
 is offline

Default Re: A somewhat deep stacked decision

[ QUOTE ]
I'm interested in the idea that a quick flop call is a strong hand from this sort of player. You big buyin live guys...is that your finding?

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually means a hand that wants a turn check to me. That's why I don't like giving him one.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm interested in the idea that a quick flop call is a strong hand from this sort of player. You big buyin live guys...is that your finding?

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually means a hand that wants a turn check to me. That's why I don't like giving him one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it can be either. I don't see it being a hand like a vulnerable top pair. Something like AT on a T high board or whatever.

With better players and stacks of this depth, it could mean anything.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I guess an 8 is very rarely in his hand. Not sure why I thought that was bad.

I'm betting the turn here because I have the best hand often and I want to get value from it. You can still make your 5K bet and fold on the turn if you wanted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really dont like betting the turn here. You really shouldnt be worried about giving a free card, and it might let him get away from AQ or JJ. I prefer checking here and trying to get it allin either by calling his turn push, c/ring allin on turn or pushing the river. Btw the river 8 is a very good card considering his range because it makes 88 1/3 as likely.

Soss, I dont like your river line because if he never believes you like you say then you're missing out on value by not pushing when he has TP or even a pair like JJ or TT. And given the odds you're getting on the river you have to be really sure that he has a set or would be capable of putting in so much money PF with a hand like 89s or 87s