Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 09:31 PM

Default Re: WSEX: Official Monthly Thread: June. (#10 of 10.)

[ QUOTE ]
Of course, this is still unlikely to attract people who don't understand the value of rakeback in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps if prospective players saw actual hard figures it would open their eyes to the amount of money in play. WPX has people dragging in thousands in rakeback weekly and it isn't hard to earn several hundred in rakeback.

Perhaps if a recreational player who normally plays FTP or Stars sees that the guy at number 35 on the rakeback list made $850 by playing just x amount of hands the concept would seem both real and approachable.

It seems that recognition has become a commodity to many poker players and such lists may serve that market need. The leader board(s) could be on the pop-up at sign in and on the main page.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:32 PM

Suggestion: tie some poker promotions to sports betting. Example: have a complimentary entry into a tourney once per month if a certain level of sports betting is attained. But then, also allow anyone to buy into the same tourney. That should generate a fairly large (and fishy) tourney field.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:39 PM

have a 100k FFP tournament every 3 months or something . lol i got points 2 kill
Old 06-03-2007, 10:45 PM

WPEX GM,

You really need to fire your entire marketing department. You shouldn't advertise as rake-free, rather you should advertise as the only site that pays you to play. Something like "Play at WPEX and we will Pay you $20 per hour per table!!" This seems like a no-brainer to me. Why haven't you tried this approach?

Also, spend way way more on advertising. Give back only 90% of the rake, and use the other 10% for advertising (or an affiliate program) if necessary. It is amazing how you have the only site that gives back 100% of the rake and you can't manage to get more than a few hundred players onto your site.

If you are worried about advertising in the U.S., please explain why. Can you direct me to a law or statute that forbids you to advertise?

To summarize, please answer the following questions:

Why don't you advertise more?

Have you considered an affiliate program that would reduce the rakeback given to players by a marginal amount?

Why hasn't your site grown exponentially?

Thank you.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:04 AM

think its time for wsex to get rid of the non-HUD display stance and allow more tables. there are already programs out there to let you use HUD display for wsex. for me personally, HUD display doesnt help much at all at wsex, its more player specific reads etc. please lift these 2 bans, it will help will traffic.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
think its time for wsex to get rid of the non-HUD display stance and allow more tables. there are already programs out there to let you use HUD display for wsex. for me personally, HUD display doesnt help much at all at wsex, its more player specific reads etc. please lift these 2 bans, it will help will traffic.

[/ QUOTE ]

well stars has/had disconnect protect tables and tables with no disconnect protect.

If wsex wanted to they could have full hand history tables and limited hand history tables.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:39 AM

Adapt or dont play. WPEX isnt hurting for TAGs, its hurting for some live ones, having people 8 tabling will just deplete the few live ones even faster.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Adapt or dont play. WPEX isnt hurting for TAGs, its hurting for some live ones, having people 8 tabling will just deplete the few live ones even faster.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG wpex introduces holdem tables (limit and no limit or maybe just no limit) with antes.

seriously would those not be the greatest games ever? I think wpex should consider it, they could have a seperate tab for "holdem with ante".

I mean what do they have to lose? Its not like they'd be putting rocks scissors paper or some dumb game like that in ...

-----
tech note: maybe someone better than me could explain how adding antes would increase the luck factor and thus be better for casual players which is totally in line with wpex's stated goals.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:57 AM

i couldnt give 2 [censored] about Tags, i care more for the growth of the site, it [censored] when i always have to start tables. this site hasnt done anything for the traffic growth, even worst, after they got rid of the bots which were at least 2/3rd of the player base at any given time. now, i check the site, its a ghosttown with the numbers on pokerscout. i will continue to support this site, but games were mostly base around those profitable bots, now their gone, and nobody left except the few familiar regulars.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:30 AM

I think the rakeback should be contributed rather than dealt. (Or just pay back exactly what an individual pays). It is fairer but also IMO it will be better in the long run by encouraging looser play and not going out your way to reward nits.

I know that this would seem to disadvantage most on this site but we really need to see the bigger picture. (If WPEX ever realy took off it would transform the poker world). I'm a tight player too, by the way.

It would also create a new game off poker where, with the rake removed, players would have better pot odds which makes it correct to give more action making for a better game.

James
Closed Thread