Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 11:40 PM

Default Donked on the flop again

So the donk bettor is kind of clueless. He can't read hands and donk bets when he has any pair. I assume he also donk bets flush draws and probably likes paired boards like these guys seem to. The other guy is just a calling station. He does what he always does:

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, Hero...
Old 09-05-2007, 11:42 PM

Default Re: Donked on the flop again

Hero folds. LDO

I wasn't sure about the pfr, but then read the reads again. Nice one, but the point of that sort of raise is that you're going to make money when UTG makes something and you make something stronger. Clearly not the case, here.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero folds. LDO

I wasn't sure about the pfr, but then read the reads again. Nice one, but the point of that sort of raise is that you're going to make money when UTG makes something and you make something stronger. Clearly not the case, here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just wondering because the one guy donk bets a lot and the other calls a lot, so I may have enough equity to hit an 8 or 7 here. I folded of course, but I had thoughts about using my reads on the flop. If both of my cards are live, which I think they are a decent amount, I should probably call. My read might skew that to be the case more than usual. That probably doesn't matter though in face of:

Donk bettor probably plays a T this way as well.
The caller could have me reverse dominated with something like A8o.
He could be doing this with a flush draw so I'm down to 4 outs and has redraws.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:34 AM

Fold.

If if you have 2 live cards and a live BDSD, it's still somewhat close. And I think there is enough of a chance that you're reverse dominated or that people have live draws/redraws which hurt your outs.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:37 AM

abs, if you can set up some ranges for villains maybe...but I think this is a RIO type situation. When we make 1 pair, it is likely that we will be calling, and not value-betting.

Had we 1 pair on the flop or given a normally marginal hand like AJ+, I think the flop is an easy raise.

there wills be lots of profits in others spots
Old 09-06-2007, 02:20 AM

abs,

didn't you used to be a nit? now you raise 87s pf and want to peel with undercards and one crappy backdoor draw? did you switch to caffeinated?
Old 09-06-2007, 07:12 AM

a good way to go about these scenarios is to just assume everything is good. if it's close under this assumption, don't call. this one is close assuming you have 6-7 outs, which you obviously don't given the action so far.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a good way to go about these scenarios is to just assume everything is good. if it's close under this assumption, don't call. this one is close assuming you have 6-7 outs, which you obviously don't given the action so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this. Wouldn't even bother about the last part, tho (thinking about whether or not you actually have 6-7 outs), because, as you say, if it's close when you count all your undiscounted outs your shouldn't continue.